I really started writing this for the fun of just writing and some practice, hopefully receiving criticism on my writing style et al. This hasn’t happened, if fact few people read it all – one of them has to because we’re related. Any rate I have vented my spleen on many occasions and this will be the last time and then I can just have fun being an ass on the web. Ok, more of an ass.
Here are my views, and no amount of haranguing is going to change my opinion – get it?
- Cigarettes and tobacco in any form is bad for you. It is poison and the companies that still peddle the crap have admitted to it, hence the warnings. They are also expensive, so it upsets me to hear about one of my wife’s students coming to class ragged, unkempt, and smelling of cigarette smoke – his asshole parents need to get their priorities straight or the state needs to take their kids away.
- Drugs, including marijuana
are bad for you. That is it. Period, dot. I could never subscribe to a party with a paltform that includes legalizing something that will harm and/or kill you.
- Alcohol is bad for you, too. It will kill you. I like a glass of wine or a Kiltlifter’s now and again, but there are too many people that don’t stop at one. Side benefit of drugs and alcohol – you can take others with you when you go. People do stupid things while intoxicated or under the influence or what ever you like to call it, I know as I was in a frat, drank heavily, and did stuff I now truly regret.
- All politicians are out for themselves and really don’t give a shit what you think. If you think some dude spends millions of dollars to get elected to a position is doing it out of the kindness of his/her heart, desire to serve the common people, or noble patriotic feelings stirring deep inside his/her bosom, you are mentally ill, seek help.
- Religion is crap. If you want to spend time staring up at the ceiling wishing for that new Mercedes or world peace, or whatever you are wasting your time. All you should be doing is taking care of others, being kind, taking care of yourself, and be a good steward of the land. Also just because someone attends a church regularly doesn’t mean he is a good person. There are some rather prominent bigtime assholes that make a big point out of making sure everyone knows they are religious.
- There is nothing humorous about being gay. I don’t need to see sitcoms based on dudes buttslaming their buddies, I find no humor in that whatsoever. If you want to do the same sex thing, go on ahead, want to get married, why not, just don’t bother me with your crap.
- TV sucks. Read more books.
- The media, by and large is composed of self-promoting assholes and I really give a shit what they think.
- Hollywood – see media, above.
- The space program, while interesting, is crap. We can’t handle what we have and now we are trashing up outer space too. The money would be better spent fixing problems like healthcare for the elderly, prepping for pandemics like the bird flu etc.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill doesn’t have any special conditions
That’s most of it, I think. If we all weren’t wasting time waiting for god or government to help us, not taking responsibility for our actions, pausing before we do something to consider what effect it might have on others, or cooking what few brain cells we have left with drugs and booze we as a people could be a real power for change in our government, in the health and welfare of our fellows, and our environment. We could do so such wonderful things.
Unfortunatley, It ain’t going to happen.
I was kind of shopping for a different political party. I still have some conservative leanings but don’t agree with the Republicans, the Dems are as big a bunch of snapper heads as the Republicans. The Green party is home base for too many nutters, the APC espouses things I am not down with. The NAZIs are a collection of unwashed dirtbags and really need to seek professional help – after what Hitler put the Jews and world through you really ought to think hard before telling any one you are a NAZI. Watch one of their rallies
– some master race, eh? Communism doesn’t work. I did try socialism once, but the folks I talked with weren’t my type so I pressed on.
Well, there you have it. No drugs, no NAZIs, just peaceful coexistence and air I can breathe without choking. Now kindly bugger off.