Sunday, March 26, 2006

A BBQ Kind of Weekend




It was a barbeque kind of weekend. The kids came over, hit the bookstore – my wife had an educator discount, and then noticed we were close to Thee Pitts Again, a really great barbeque joint in Glendale, AZ. I had the ribs and could barely finish but they were so good I couldn’t stop. They cook them St Louis style, good amount of sauce and falling off the bone. If you all are ever up in this neck of the woods I highly recommend this restaurant.



There must have been a vintage car show that weekend because we had some really nice old cars pull in to Thee Pitts while we were eating. I guess everyone was in the mood for barbeque, and why not, the old Leinenkugle’s Weather Dial was scraping 80 degrees. Just a beautiful day. In fact it was too good not to fire up my own grill and roast up some bratwurst and Some Italian sausage that had been simmered in beer with a few onions. The huskies were certainly down with that and were on hand to keep their eye on the grill for me.



Hope you all had a great weekend!!

9 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Becky said...

You have the cutest huskies!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

Did those Huskies get a chance to eat some sausage?

They're adorable.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Phosgene Kid, prepare your wife and family. I am officially moving to your neck of the woods. In fact, I'm moving into your home and taking over all your food and the dogs.

It's terribly terribly wicked of you to flaunt such delish food in my face, and the gorgeous dogs, too.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

Lovely dogs.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I won't pass the compliments on to the dogs - they can hardly get their heads through the dog door as it is! Thanks! They don't live in our house, we live in their's...


They get to try eveything, it is part of their job as kitchen monkeys to make sure all meat and meat byproducts meet their high standards. Yukon is good about letting me know when it is time to check the oven and or grill.

The Brats are just Johnsonville's. If you want the best go to Usingers on the Internet, you can order sausage from them. The sad part is the palce that ships the sausage out is only a few blocks form my childhood home back in WI.

The rusty car wasn't sandblasted by the desert, though I am sure that it may have played a part over the years. The biggest problem out here is the sun baking everything.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger KyuBall said...

Mmmm...BBQ. Mmmm...Brats.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

I like how the dogs are looking in opposite directions - they are definitely keeping an eye on things!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

I've been to Thee Pits Again, too, and the interior is completely decked out with pig paraphernalia. It was eerie having all those beady-eyed pigs stare at me while I was eating.

It didn't stop me, though.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Mummified said...

I luuuuurve ribs but no one down under has any idea how to do them properly. I shall avail myself of a large bucket of said ribs the next time I get stateside.... By then, my little son should be ready to enjoy them too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home