Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's So Quiet

Mrs. Phos is off helping with parent training at the school and I have been left to my own devices. When I was a teenager without supervision, this usually meant fire or some kind of an experiment involving caustic chemicals and the local gopher population. I have mellowed some so I don't do any of the exciting stuff any longer.

I made a frozen pizza - I don't like to go to great lengths if I am just cooking for myself, and shared a bit with the pups. I played with a new toy that came today; a medium format camera. I have this idea of taking some landscape pictures and thought the used Pentax 645 might be just the ticket. So far I have figured out how to load the film - it will take some getting used to before I tackle the Grand Canyon.

I'll probably read some more of "On the Road." It is very interesting so far, pretty much a narrative on the making of the novel. I enjoy getting a behind the scenes look at the actual process, getting to know the author a bit. All that just adds to the enjoyment of the book.

Well, you all are probably fast asleep by now, afraid the life o' Phos is pretty humdrum. The only half-way exciting thing is we're going out to dinner tomorrow night with a friend form EL Mirage. Haven't seen him in a while, so that will be nice.

You all have a stupendous evening and an even better Wednesday!!

17 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**When I was a teenager without supervision

Phos this kinda tells me that ur wifey supervises u? LOL!

Keshi.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I'm mot fast asleep yet, but I will be.

I know what you mean about getting into your favorite authors mind. That's neat.

Hope you have good Wednesday, too.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

keshi: It is best not to leave me unattended for long periods of time.

ll: Yes indeed, happy Wednesday!!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gophers? I never moved beyond chemical warfare on insects :)

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Dino said...

i would love to have some quiet time

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

Nothing wrong with humdrum. As they say, no news is good news!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I have been left to my own devices

That loud explosion I heard this morning ... that was you, wasn't it?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

sj: Our yard was unsafe for life forms of any kind

dak: You are possibly one of the busiest people I know.

chickie: I relish boredom at times.

dan: Sadly no. My back yard nuke is running behind schedule. Apparently we have the right to bear arms, but there's a size limit.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

Enjoy your dinner, and your quiet time.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I hope you have a good Thursday.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

lols I thought so!

Keshi.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Something tells me you would still manage to get yourself into trouble if you were left alone for too long.

Tell Mrs. Phos that they do have adult day care. ;)

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's oh so quite
it's oh so still
you're all alone
and so peaceful until


bjork starts singing and/or phos locates a few common household chemicals

/t.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger tkkerouac said...

I would love to read about your thoughts on each chapter about stories or lines that stick out for you.
I haven't even opened his book yet due to working on packing and moving furniture out of the house.
So, can you please read it to me PHOS, it can be sort of like reading cheat notes.

And try not to set the house on fire while your wifes not around or its the dog house for you.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

Awwwww. Ne'er mind. I do that too when I have to cook for myself.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

caramaena Thanks! It wasn't totally quiet, Yukon reminded me when it was time to feed dogs.

LL: Aside from missing Mrs. Phos, it wasn't too bad!!

keshi: Mrs. Phos maintains that I should either be dead or in jail with some of the stuff I have pulled.

DU: Yeah, the William J. Lepetomaine Home for the Insane Gambler.

/t.: You know how they tell you never to mix bleach with any other household chems? Well they were right. Speaking of that my Bjork itches, have to go apply a topical cream.

tkk: I will report on the book as soon as I am through - pretty good so far. Kerouac, Cassady, and Ginsburg led fascinating lives, but a little too heavy on the drugs and alcohol.

fuff: That is the joy of frozen pizza. Just as I like it - fast and easy, like Mrs. Phos!!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home