Thursday, September 06, 2007

Mostly Muttering to Myself

I had started to come up with come up with something really clever (for me) and then the thought simply vanished. I think it was kind of funny, too. Oh well.


It is nice to see thugism has crept into tennis. Yet another black eye for the US when Serena stated during an interview that her opponent Justine Henan won because of a few “lucky shots.” So it wasn’t the fact she didn’t play well, it is that the other player was lucky. No sportsmanship award for Serena I am afraid. With those social skills I have to wonder if she was raised in a closet.


Mrs Phos finished up her Masters this week. Quiet an accomplishment, but then she is one of the smartest people I know. She does a great job as a teacher and after living with me is a shoe-in for sainthood.

Starting to gear up for Oktoberfest. We didn’t have it last year, but it is back by popular demand. Still have to come up with a menu, but bratwurst and schwenk steaks are definitely on the menu – and you have to have knodels!!

I am trying to learn Spanish in my car for when Mexico annexes Arizona. I am going along with the lessons on CD, but I don’t know how valuable they’ll be unless I suddenly develop a burning need to know if someone’s children are in school. The same thing happened with the Berlitz German tapes – how often would I ever need the phrase “I am obviously the Mayor of the town?”

Hurricane Henrietta dumped on Mexico and Central America and is now pushing some clouds our way. No rain as yet, but the front passing through has knocked the temperature down a bit. It is terrible that people had to suffer because of Henrietta, but I do appreciate the chance for some precip.

The Clouds Roll In


The Pack on the Hunt



Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I don't want any hurricanes!

Please answer the question asked you on my blog.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

I guess we're both married to smart women eh?

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger none said...

The only spanish you need is:

Mas te' por favor. ;D

And yeah when I saw Ron Reagan doing ballet on TV I knew the poor gipper was wondering what went wrong.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I am trying to learn Spanish in my car for when Mexico annexes Arizona.

You probably know plenty to survive already: chimichanga, burrito, taco, salsa.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

ll: Can't blame you for that. I wish there was a way we could get rain here without a disturbance in the Pacific or the Gulf.

wc: Smart and beautiful!!

hammer: That's pretty much my take. All you have to know is:

- May I have another beer

- When do the girls get here

- Where are the bathrooms?

Get that down and everything else pretty much takes care of itself.

dan: Oddly enough my first words in any language are food words. I figure you gotta eat!!!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

Wow, Oktoberfest in Arizona!! Sounds like good fun ;) I await your post about it, haha!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you noticed how women tennis players don't even shake hands properly? The men are all into hugging and friendship (maybe more).

It's like the best sponsored cat fight at times.

I don't usually see the US Open much as I would like to coz of the timings it's late at night when matches start.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Dino said...

I can't wait for tennis to be over and my shows to be back on! Hey am I invited for the Oktoberfest. I still have a few Dirndle's I can wear. Also you need Potato salad, cucumber salad, curry wurst, weiss wurst .... should I go on???? Let me know if you need recipes

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Timmy said...

Who hasn't been the mayor of a small German town at least once in their life? Timmyburg, Deutschland: look it up.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

dm: Strange, eh? I spent time in Germany so it gives me a chance to remember the great time I had there. Wish I could have spent more time in Switzerland, it was pretty, but I was just passing through on my way to Italy.

sj: I have noticed how women tennis players seem to like other girls - a lot. I think tennis is one of the sports that is more fun if you play than if you watch - kind of like watching fishing on TV. It just lacks something.

dak: Come on down!! It just seems a nice way to wrap up the season and an excuse to drink German beer (well as close as I can get here), eat some good food, and listen to oompah music without worrying the neighbors. Any recipes would be great - what was your favorite food? I really loved the Lieberkaise but finding it here is impossible.

timmy: Heil Timmy!! Nice to see you again - going to start blogging again any time soon? The honeymoon must be over by now so you'll need something to do...

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Is it sync'd yet? said...

I would like you to have a caption contest with the last shot of Yukon and the princess.

My submission:

Smell that pee, that is ME BABY!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Yay, Mrs. Phos!

How about:
"Estaba así cuando llegué." Or "It was like that when I got here."

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

gnat:Good caption. Yukon is a typical male, he thinks he is running things when in reality Austrella is calling all the shots.

sl: Mrs. Phos is my hero. I am so proud of her, I wish there were a crowd of her!!

sl: Or "I already ate that one Yukon!"

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Congratulations to Mrs. Phos!

Maybe that thought will come back to you for a future post.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger KB said...

Woohoo to Mrs Phos!! An achievement to be sure! And you're so proud of her it restores my faith in marriage and such like.

Look forward to hearing about Oktoberfest - I didn't go when I was in Germany, but I damn well should've!!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger tkkerouac said...

Serena could snap you in half Phos and what are your dogs sniffing? Please don't answer..

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

du: Mrs. Phos said to thank you. I try to write things down, this time I just wasn't quick enough. If you are even halfway serious about writing you have to remember to keep a notebook handy, I had the book but no pen! Crap!!

kb: Mrs Phos says thanks. Oktoberfest in Munich has really become too touristy. The smaller towns are more fun. I am looking forward to Fasnacht! Might have to Have a Phosnacht party!!

tkk: She is scary looking. Unfortunately large and scary isn't always an asset in tennis.

The pups are sniffing a spot that may have been a cat resting place. We have a ton of strays in the neighborhood.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

On your way to Italy? - Oh yeah, I guess to kidnap your wife there... hahaha

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

Congrats to mrs phos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home