Monday, August 27, 2007

Montag

Lunar Eclipse Calculator - Find out what time is best for viewing in your location


Another Bush-buddy bites the dust as we approach the end of the Era of the Decider. Not that we’ll miss Gonzales – let’s face it, along with Rove and Snow the guy was a real snake. Slowly but surely the bush buddies have been jumping ship or been given the boot. One of the sad parts of the American system is that you can vote for a candidate (or most likely vote against a candidate and wind up with the leftovers) but you haven’t got any say in the candidate’s entourage.

There’s an eclipse tomorrow morning (28 AUG) that will be visible to those on the Pacific Rim. I’d like to see it, but the downside is that it starts at 0245Hrs. I am an early riser, but even that is a wee bit on the early side for Ol’ Phos. I am not getting any younger and I need my rest. It might be worth it though. I am just not sure how much I am going to get to see being a ways away from California. Australians will have a good view, but US East Coasters are SOL.

There are some fantastic artists out there. Most of you already know /t., he has two sites, both with some excellent pieces. There is also another artist recently come to my attention. You can see Ruela’s work here and here. This is all cutting edge stuff using new media to create and display original art. This is a strong counterpoint to the dark side of the internet. Check these folk’s work out if you haven’t had the chance it is very impressive.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hated to see it come to a close, but that’s the way it goes. Wish I had some interesting yarns to spin but my weekend was mundane. The temps are going to shoot back up this week so that will stifle some of the outdoor activities.

The weather has turned hot again, I had hoped the storm pictured below would offer some relief, but it was just a tease. The storm broke up and dissipated shortly after I took the picture.


18 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

You can just see the clouds laughing at you.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can see
a fluffy white lamb

/t.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hated to see it come to a close

Really? You hate to see weekends end? Are you some sort of nutcase?

OF COURSE it was awful to come to an end! That's a given bro'! :)

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

phos,

those are
cumulus thumbus

/t.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Democracies across the world have become "family affairs" these days. Sons, brothers, spouses of former "rulers" get elected. Almost like a monarchy.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

ll: Nothing worse than being mocked by clouds!

/t.: That is because they a Cumulus Lambus clouds.

dan:Right you are. I wouldn't mind having more three day weekends, but then Tuesday becomes Monday so it doesn't matter in the slightest!!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

sj: We had dad hand the country over to his son. As always the farther you get from the tree the more rotten the apples...

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Free fer all Paul said...

That kinda reminds me of this black woman I usted to poke my pecker in.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I love clouds...I just feel God is hiding somewhere in there...I dunno if He really is tho :)

Keshi.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger none said...

Next election lets all vote "No" and kick all the bastards out.

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

The eclipse looks very nice from my side of the world.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

"As always the farther you get from the tree the more rotten the apples..."

Amen, to that, Phos!

You should have seen the storms we had while we were at Lake Chautauqua this past weekend.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger leelee said...

LAKE CHAUTAUQUA??

Damsel, I spent every summer of my childhood there..as a matter of fact my parents met and were married there. Miller Bell Tower, The Atheneum, the amphitheater are all some of my favorite spots in all the world.!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Ruela said...

Beautiful
thanks phosgene :)
lol

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Dino said...

not fair i wanted to see the eclipse

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

There should be an amendment barring immediate relatives from running for the same federal office. “Inherited” public offices seem to be a big problem at every level of government.

Hillary Clinton must be stopped.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Lake Chautauqua? I used to roll old tires down the hill and into that lake. Small world.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

evil, but

HA HAHA HAHA HHAH AH AHA HA HHAH AHHA HAH HA AHAH HAH AH AH A HHAH AH AHAH AHAH A HHA HAH HA HAH AH AHAH AH HAH AH AH AHAH AH AH AHAH AH AHAH HAH AHAHAH AH AH AHA HAHAH AH AH AHHAH AH AHAH AHAHAH HA H AH AHAHAHAH AH AH AHAH HAH AHAH AHA HA HA!


/t.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home