Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another "Weakend"

Some weekends it might be best to have just gone to work I think, This was one of those. Apparently I am the only one dissatisfied with Tiny House, ergo there aren't going to be any changes in the status quo. I guess that is ok, it is easy to do nothing - I am a natural at lying about so it should please me to no end. Ah well.

We did have a turn in the weather, no rain, just a lot of threatening clouds. It did make for some pretty skies and a nervous bird, but beyond that it brought a rather welcome drop in the temperatures as well as some photo opportunities. Eventually I am going to have to stray from my own backyard to take some pictures as I feel I am trapping you into the third or fourth showing of the slide show from the cruise we were on in 1964 (never happened, I was a youngster in 1964, but you get my drift). I used to dread my father puling the slide projector out, though perhaps not as much as the guests. It was kind of an obligatory thing back then - we suffered through a vacation and by god out guests were going to come along.

Any rate, hope you all had a good weekend and we'll see you later!!



17 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ruela said...

v. very cool ;)
The bird is a good photographic model.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

threatening
clouds is right

some awesome pics, tho

bird reminds me of woodstock (peanuts, not hippies)...

/t.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

:ruela: He is a vain bird! He is the boss of our backyard and drives off all the other humming birds. He has even taken a couple shots at me.

/t: Thanks /t.! In retrospect it probably wasn't smart to mow the lawn with my electric mower after taking the pictures...

The bird kind of looks like Woodstock, but Woodstock didn't attack everyone that came in the back yard.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger leelee said...

8-)

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I always liked slide shows and home movies.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

leelee: Hey, the tattoo on Popeye's Arm!!

ll: Remember Filmstrips???

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I do remember film strips.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Ding! Time to advance the film. They were actually better than the teacher yakking most of the time.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photos! hope your week is better than your weakend! lol

ps its kate

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

gloomy weather? awww...

that last pic was soooo beautiful!

come check out my wknd ;-)

Keshi.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

keshi: We still have T-Storm warnings. On the bright side, the temps have dropped. It is only supposed to be in the high 90s all week...

Stopped by your Blog, great pictures!!!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

kate: Thanks for stopping by!! I was hoping we'd see some rain, so far just a nice light show....

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Bla said...

Very good pix! :)

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

1964... cool!

Lately I read: The older you grow, the better you can remember these stories that never happenend!

hahaha, will it be kind of this stuff ;D

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

bla: Thanks!

dm: I am pretty old and truth be told, I can't remember shit.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Dino said...

that middle pictures is really cool you can feel the clouds looming

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger KB said...

I'll never get tired of the cloud pics you take - even if they are all around your property =)

Cool bird - great shot. I wish I could take photos.....one day I might do a photography course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home