Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fluke


Fluke, or I know Why the Winged Whale Sings
By Christopher Moore

The world of cetacean research is about to be set on his head as Nate Quinn tries to figure out why whales sing. The whole program is being funded by an old broad who claims the whales talk to her and were demanding a pastrami sandwich - even Amelia Earhart figures into the story.

Christopher Moore bends facts, warps time, and vandalizes science to bring the reader this tongue in cheek look at the world of research and theories of creationism and evolution. The book is a fun read, speckled with laugh out loud humor and a confounding mystery, probably why the research vessels were named “The Constantly Baffled” and “The Always Confused.”

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

Souds good to me. Pity, that many of the books you review are not available here. I think I could use them well to improve my english... but I'm trying hard.
Actually I read "Parfume" in english. Well written.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Have you tried some euro authors such as Douglas Adams or Terry Prachett?

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Rabbit: Money well spent...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home