Thursday, September 28, 2006

When the Smoke gets in Your Eyes



Spent last week visiting with my son, his wife, and the grandpuppy, as well as our daughter and her husband. It was a very nice visit. I really hated to see it end. This week has been a drag, lots going on at work and here at Casa Lucky. I am not really being anti-social, just playing a bit of catch up and I will be out visiting soon.

We are starting t o get some of the smoke from the Day fire here, the upper air currents are just right. It sucks for the people going through the fire, but does make for some spectacular skies here. My son and his wife had to drive near the fire on their way back to Northern California, but they said it wasn’t too bad on the highway.

See you soon!!

Phos

8 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger jin said...

Ya know...my blog just isn't the same without
"phos' smartass comments".
:-D

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger nanuk said...

I've smelled forest fires blown 750 miles north of the tree line. It also had the effect of turning the cloudy sky somewhat greenish. Very surreal.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

great to hear u had some quality family time. Wonderful!

Keshi.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Cherry! said...

There were fires here last week too. Windy and hot = perfect weather for bush fires.

I LOVE that photo!! Very cool!

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

Good to hear you had a good smoke then. haha, kidding

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Jin: Sorry, I will try to be more regular, so to speak.

Nanuk: Once the smoke gets into the upper atmosphere it can really travel. I was living in South Dakota when Mount St Helen blew and we were getting ash on our cars…


Keshi: Thanks! I was anxious to see the kids leave and get out on their own; now that they are gone I miss them. One of nature’s little jokes on ol’ Phos.

Cherry!: Thanks. Seems like there are fires everywhere.

DM: It was only second-hand smoke, so no worries.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

That is quite a photo!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Chickie: Thanks, I will post some more later...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home