Friday, July 13, 2007

Random Muttering

China: Just Misunderstood.

There’s been a lot of noise about China and their less than wholesome food additives lately. One of the latest was Chinese companies using ground up cardboard treated with caustic chemicals as a filler in dumplings. Personally, I don’t see what all the fuss is about. The same thing goes on in the US, and if you have ever had the shrimp at Long John Silver’s you know what I am talking about. As far as the Glycol in the toothpaste, nine out of ten Chinese dentists report that people that drink antifreeze rarely complain about tooth problems. Chinese mechanics have also found that using toothpaste in your engine not only keeps the water from freezing in the winter, but the foaming action cleans those hard to reach spots in the engine and the exhaust has a minty tang sure to please even diehard environmentalists. When you are burning coal like there’ s no tomorrow, minty air is important.


Missing things…

If you are up near the Arctic Circle in Eastern Canada, be on the lookout for this bear.

Nanuk

He has been missing for quite some time now. I am hoping he hasn’t become the latest victim of those coal burning Chinese and their global warming.



Visitor insurance

This picture taken with my sampler camera shoud ensure many vistors as no one can resist cute dogs!!


11 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger none said...

After being a vegetarian for over 30 years I'm used to eating cardboard dmplings.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Those Chinese shouldn't work all that overtime. It's starting to catch up to them.

A missing bear? How do you know only one is missing? Maybe /t. can find him.

Cute pooch. It seems to me, you're not a cat person.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Yeah, we have to find alternative to food when it's shortage of the real stuff.
I've heard about people that wash out undigested food fom their poop, to eat it the second time.
~ Enjoy your food ~

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Dino said...

i think we'd all be disgusted if we knew all the stuff in most fast food

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

hammer: I think it is interesting that folks say they are happy being vegetarians and then works so hard to make the dishes seem like meat.

ll: Good thing there are no cat people here!!

kirsten: Those are some diehard recyclers!!

dak: Rule number one, never check the ingredients.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

AHEM!!!! I am a cat person, but love animals.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

ll: I figured you for more of a sheep person actually. I know you like horses, but the Home Owner's Association would really get pissed if I had one of those in the backyard.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I like sheep too. I guess your property is not zoned for horses.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Pat said...

LOL at your "take" on the current Chinese headlines!

Yes, I miss Nanuk too!

Awesome pooch pics (as always!)

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

ll: My neighborhood is only zoned for no more fun of any kind...

ec: Remember when China was only known for producing crap? Oh wait, they still are...

Thanks. That is a picture of a scroungey coyote that comes to visit occasionally.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

It's not the flippin' additives..
A few years ago, I was in Hong Kong with my folks and could barely sit at a restaurant without feeling faint.
I wish Nanuk would come back too. He was/is one of my fave bloogers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home