Saturday, May 05, 2007

Not Cleaning

Another day at Tiny House and cleaning to be done, however, I am not cleaning. I am sitting here Blogging which is an addiction to be sure.

Bush accused us of being addicted to oil, and he may have appoint, however he failed to mention how this came to pass. He and men of his ilk are oil pushers and have become so bloated on oil profits they haven’t bothered to seek any alternatives. It is the typical “make your money and get out” scenario. His statement is also a prime example of political blame passing. Unfortunately, change will come slowly. The oil industry is loath to kill the golden goose and there will be resistance from Johnny NASCAR , his wife Doretta, and their twelve children.

The neighborhood is rapidly falling into disrepair, despite the random acts of vigilantism by the HOA. I am becoming increasingly frustrated and uncomfortable living here. This comes at a bad time as normally orders come out for military folk about now. I still find myself becoming anxious around this time, ready to move on to something new. Perhaps no better than what I have, but new. This place has become stale and the promise long since worn off. One thing I have feared most has come to pass – I am stuck in one place.

On the bright side Mrs Phos gets a discount at the book store. She always has an educator discount but is limited to books for her grade level, which happens to be pre-school. Now as much as I love picture books, and I do, I do need something more challenging from time to time – say a chapter book here and there, maybe one with fewer illustrations. Anyway, this week her discount extends to any book, even the crap I read!! Katy bar the door!!

Speaking of reading, if you are looking for an interesting series, try Dean Koontz’s “Odd Thomas” series. Odd Thomas is the first in the series, then “Forever Odd” followed by “Brother Odd”. They combine mystery, horror, and science fiction. Very entertaining. I will probably do a review of them soon. As my reviews don’t seem to have a big following I will post them on a weekend when all of you, who apparently have lives, are out doing something other than staring at their monitors.

TTFN

Phos

8 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't
get enough
of blogs about oil

am thinking i might be addicted to oil blogs, phos -- you aren't helping

/t.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t.: Well, we're all addicted to blogs and oil or oily blogs (Blogs by lawyers??. The albatross around the neck as it were...

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I'll read your review about the Dean Koontz books. I, too, am addicted to my computer.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm
also addicted
to little lamb...

and my bbq...

/t.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

ll: Well then I better get cracking and write it.

/t. That goes without saying...

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

I'll be interested in your review too. I've read the first Odd Thomas book and loved it. I have the second but haven't started it yet.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger KB said...

I go through phases of being addicted to my computer and not addicted to my computer. I guess that means I DON'T have an addiction??? haha

Where would you go, if you left?

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

caramaena: It is pretty good, I really enjoyed it. "Brother Odd" takes kind of the same tone - I saw a lot of parallels. I do hope Koontz writes more Odd books.

kb: Oh no - that's even worse - binge computing!! It may be too late to save you....

I would go somewhere I haven't been. Maybe Australia, even.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home