Thursday, May 03, 2007

Blogs'll be Blogs...

A Steak for Mayden

First a very belated thanks to /t. for the work he did on “Arizona” for me. It is a nice graphic and well worth a look. In fact, you’ll want to check out his entire site "codepo()". There’s a whole lot of art going on there. It never ceases to amaze me at the number of extraordinarily talented folks out there. Gnat of Glass is another one and I suspect the Purloined Plum is up and coming. For writing, my vote is for Cursed Tongue. There isn’t a link on the side I don’t consider a path to a wonderful and interesting person doing extraordinary things every day, and taking the time to share it with all of us. Click links, make new friends - doesn’t get any easier than that!

Second, my thanks to Jin. I don’t do ads on my site, but if you need a special gift for someone she is the one to turn to. I don’t have to eat any of the bakery or treats she makes – you can tell by the amount of detail that she has obviously put a lot of time and love into her work and that it will be great.

Didn’t mean to turn this into a love fest. I just enjoy dropping by the different Blogs and see what folks are up to in their lives, their art, and their loves. Ok, I am nosy, you caught me out. But where else would I be able to commune with folks down under, the arctic, Canada, Florida, Switzerland and parts unknown with a click of a mouse button? If you fear globalization, bad news – it is already at your doorstep.

Another phenomena for me is becoming attached to folks I don’t really know. FairScape is one of these people and I am here to tell you that I really miss her. If you get a chance head on over to her site and wish her well. Maybe we can drown out “Alex”.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

That is so sweet.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

ll: Thanks LL! BTW the steak is beef, so no worries...

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I totally agree Phos. I've become so attached to all of u now it's so hard to go past a day w.o. saying Hi to all of u.

Keshi.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

only a few years ago I didn't even know there is human life outside Switzerland... ;)

But, yeah, there is. And it feels good, very good!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger none said...

Good looking streak!

I'll check the links.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Thanks for the links, Phos.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger jin said...

Thanks Phos!!
It's funny...I think I enjoy shipping out the sweetboxes as much as the people receiving them!

I track every box that goes out until UPS says "delivered" ... and a smile creeps up on me every time! I always wonder what they taste first!
LOL!
:-D

I have to do another contest at my blog soon. Any ideas what I should make all of you do to try to win????

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

phos,

peace & love, bro
but
it's the worldly knowledge i come here for... there is life in switzerland!?! who knew?!?

/t.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

I love Switzerland. It's like a heavily armed Disneyland. Oh, and the water's sparkly clean. Not like that nasty Anaheim water.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Dino said...

awww how nice of you. And yes Jins treats are the best. I just polished off my sugar cookies now I am trying to find coffee for my biscotti

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Is it sync'd yet? said...

DIRECT LINKAGE!

Step #4 to world domination is complete.


Gnat.
.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

keshi: It is almost like we are all just leaning over the fence to talk to a neighbor. I guess this proves all technology isn’t evil…

DM: I think that is because you just couldn’t see over all the mountains.

hammer: Come on over and I will toss one on for you.

Kirsten: It is easy to get lost just following one link to the next.

Jin: I wouldn’t know where to start eating, everything you make looks so good. As far as a contest I think you should whip up a desert of some sort and then have folks come up with a name for it. The one you pick wins the desert. I think Phoscakes would be good.

/t.: Yes there’s life in Switzerland – if you listen really carefully you can hear them blowing the traditional Ricola horn. They just have trouble trying to figure out whose side they are on in Euro conflicts.

sl: Right you are! And better still you don’t have to wait in line to rides the rides.
dak: I could kill for snickerdoodles right now. I used to have someone who would make them for me, but she apparently no longer loves me…

gnat: Yes, world conquest one glass shop at a time.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

I miss Fairscape too, sadly :(

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

**It's like a heavily armed Disneyland

Haha!! That's great, love it ;)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Yes Phos, exactly right: "like neighbors leaning over a fence to chat together..." What a wonderful thought!

I too miss Fairscape something awful.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger KB said...

It's better than neighbours 'cos you don't get the loud music or cars up and down the driveway!! ;)

I visited some of the links - FairScape is/has been having a rough time. =(

It's funny how you do become 'attached' to your 'commenters'. But it's good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home