Friday, March 30, 2007

On the Down low...


A Tale for Modern times?

Once upon a time, people had to journey to the river or town well to fetch water. They hauled skins or pots of water back to their house. Sometimes they hauled the water in a picturesque fashion, such as atop their noggin or on a yoke. I believe we have come full circle. This thought came to me as I was hauling the bottled water from my car to the house. I didn’t try to balance the water on my cranium, however.

And the Bunny Failed to Rise Again on the Third Day

Hope everyone is over the bunny poem. Was it in poor taste? Why yes it was, but then mom always said do what you do best. Got to respect mom’s wishes after all. Remember I neither killed the rabbit nor took the picture, though I could eat hasenpfeffer while holding a bunny in my lap without any qualms.

There and back again, a kid’s tale…

Things are going to be touch and go for the next week, so please be patient – I may not be visiting you all as often, or at all, and the posting may be a tad scarce. No worries, just the way it works out. I just don’t want anyone thinking I was in a snit or anything was amiss. I really enjoy seeing what you all have been up to and a more talented, fun loving bunch would be hard to find. I will be back before you know it, or in the now famous words of General Douglas MacArthur, “Where’s my f**cking pipe”?!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger none said...

I never thought about it but I find myself hauling 50Lbs of water into the house every week or so.

Dang. Good catch.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

Excellent word 'snit'.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger KB said...

OK. Cya when you come back. =)

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

The past tense is "snat", is it not?

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Yeah, you got it right there.

In a party in 1979 I told a man from Kuwait, (Fadil Khalifa Al Sabah) that they should start to dig for water rather than oil, because few years from now, they will buy water in the shop to the same price as Coke.
Everybody were laughing... She's crazy (again) ...

Today, nobody is laughing anymore.

But I am still counted as "crazy" every time I say something people do not want to believe.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

A Tale for Modern times? - My how times have changed. Our containers for water have gotten smaller.

There and back again, a kid’s tale… - I'll miss you. I finally put a new post up.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

Yeah, I think so.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You sure that past tense isn't snot? ;)
no worries, great poem, and fuck'em if they can't take a joke. LoL! (see? I was in the grossed out bunch, so there!)

Take care Phos. Hope all is well. C U soon!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Dino said...

ohhh you mean no daily posts or comments? I don't know if that will work for me

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Pat said...

LOL @ the water story -- how very true!

Enjoy yourself, Phos! We'll all be right here when you get back...toting dat water in...likely in a snit...or snat...or snot...or snoot...or, well, ya just never know with this crowd!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home