Thursday, March 22, 2007

If You Want Rain, Schedule an Air Show


Despite the gloomy forecast, the Thunderbirds arrived at Luke AFB. We had some powerful T-storms roll through the area and it looks as though we are going to have rain all weekend.

The rain is nice, the lightning we could do without - it has been a dry winter and there is a lot of dry brush just waiting for an excuse to burst into flames. I guess the lightning wasn’t much of a threat in the long run because the storm was a real frog choker (sts).

I am not going to the show per se, but I am going to take advantage of the fewer numbers of folks and try to get some pictures of the visiting aircraft tomorrow. Hopefully I won’t have to Photoshop out the deluge. I have added a short video clip, but please bear in mind I took it with my “walking around camera”, and the video feature on the camera is kind of an afterthought.

7 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Dino said...

sorry it looks like you will be rained out. I get to see the air shows from my office and home since I live so close to base (well its almost like every day is an airshow)

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

The deluge is all part of the air show! Whether you mean people or rain.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Is it sync'd yet? said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm,

a moment
of non-silence

looking forward to whatever stills you might be able to get

/t.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

DAK:I would miss he jet noise or as we say the "sound of freedom"

SL:The roads were already packed and the thing hasn't even started yet. It'll be raining snapperheads tomorrow.

/t.: I have a bunch, it is just a matter of tweaking them a bit,hopefully by Monday. I took some video as well. After a few minutes of listening to that you will understand why I am deaf as a post.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger KB said...

Yay!!! I LOVE air shows!! We don't have exciting planes like THAT though! We had an airshow - with that 'synchronised' flying and jetstreams and the planes went upsidedown and stuff - just the other day. I'm very intrigued by it.

Come to think of it....next time I hear of one coming to an area close to me, I'm gunna GO!!

Can't wait for the pics and videos!! =)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Stuff happens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home