Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More Notes from the Tiny House

So Long Pete it's Been Good to Know You




If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits
Puttin' on the Ritz
Different types who wear a day
coat pants with stripes and cutaway
coat perfect fits
Puttin' on the Ritz
Dressed up like a million-dollar trooper
Tryin' hard to look like Gary Cooper (super duper)
Come let's mix where Rockefellers
walk with sticks or um-ber-ellas
in their mitts
Puttin' on the Ritz


1 For The Grazers:

I vandalized a Popeye 50th Anniversary poster I stole from a website to make a label for a can of spinach...



List of things that can give you the shits:

Long sea voyage
Lettuce
Spinach
Scallions (maybe)
Any restaurant with the word "Taco" in the name.


Get a Head Start on that Holiday Depression

Trying to work up some enthusiasm for Christmas - no luck so far. I have to look back and try to figure out when holidays all turned to shit for me. They haven't been any fun in a long time. Even the coming of Santa Christ doesn't thrill me anymore. As I said last year when Christ comes he brings an asswhipping (AKA the end of the world) with him, when Santa comes he brings toys. Pretty easy choice.

Everyone get in on the act

There was a news article about a Rabbi that wanted an airport to put up a Menorah display to go with their Christmas tree. The airport responded by taking the trees down (they have been since put back up – this must really make the poor working stiffs that have to schlep the tree happy). I don’t view the tree as a particularly Christian symbol. If it had been a nativity scene I could see the Rabbi’s point. Sometimes we can’t have everything we want so maybe its best to at least let some folks have a little enjoyment without having to make some sort of statement. Some individuals make it their sworn duty to suck every drop of fun out of the world.

One Final Note:

I am for some unknown reason unable to post on all sites - Hammer is one. I will keep trying - if you haven't heard from me in a while I just can't post to your site.

Thanks

Phos

16 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Its Beta thats not letting u post comments on those sites.


**Lettuce
Spinach

LOL!

Taco too? :)


Keshi.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Boyle was a great actor-
who else could have played
the monster?

Ka, ka, ka, ka.
Loved Popeye as a kid-
always ate my spinach.

How'd you hear
of SantaChrist????
Thought I invented him
last Dec. Wow! freaky.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I love Peter's role in Everybody Loves Raymond. He was such a fine actor and made me laugh. I will miss him! It's a very sad day.


Keshi.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t.:Them either!

LP11: Don't forget human sacrifice!!

Keshi: He did a good job in "While You Were Sleeping" and the Dream Team as well.

Polyman2: The image of Santa Christ was actually first seen in a mold patch on Consuela Gonzales' refrigerator in Veracruz. The faihtful were lined up for blocks to see the miracle.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job on popeye. I still am not feeling xmassy. We are going to see the trans siberian orchestra tomorrow night, hopefully that will get me some X-mas spirit.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

DAK:TSO is good. I fear what might happen if I hear another X-mas carol, however. Some stations have been playing them since 15 November and the stores, well we won’t get into that. Just keep me out of the sporting goods section...

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

I've been having the same trouble with Christmas enthusiasm and also commenting on Beta Blogs.
Happy Christmas to you too TPK. May Santa bring you everything you dreamt of!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

fuff:Maybe Santa will bring a new Blogger!

/t.:Thanks, that seems to have done the trick - I thought I had established a Google Account a while back, but apparently I was incorrect. I have had better luck posting now, but The bastidges still won’t let me switch to the Beta.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was the word "Bell" that made food suspect.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

It will be nice when we can all be one again. Blogger messes things up for us. Blogger lets us get all nice and attached to each other, then they have to go and change things. Go figure.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SL: Taco John's has also joined such notables as Carnival Cruise lines and Taco Bell in poisoning their guests.

LL: People can’t leave well enough alone. I expect it will all shake out in the end and if not we’ll always have Paris…

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Definitely!

Keshi.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, um, can I add Pepperettes to your list? Oh, and dates, deffinitely dates... I just went and bought myself a HUGE tub of those yummy yummy Medjool dates, I can't stop eating them, so I can't stop, well, you know.... :O

I gotta be honest here, I'm really tired of the denominational/ non-denominational arguments. I'm agreeing with LP11, most Christian celebrations have been borrowed from Paganism. We should all just be allowed to celebrate what we want, when we want. It's getting to a point where anyone who wants to celebrate anything is afraid of being politically incorrect... Where does it end?

Anyway, Très cool post. I liked Peter's work too. He was a great actor/comedian.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, BTW: Thanks so much for putting that song in my head: I CAN'T STOP SINGING IT!!!!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Jewels It is a catchy tune, eh? A Bahraini brought my some small boxes of dates filled with slivered almonds. I quickly learned it was unwise to eat more then one box at a sitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home