Saturday, November 25, 2006

Leftovers

Turkey Day has come and gone. It was nice to see friends and family, after all that is what it is all about. All right, the food was pretty good too. My wife and daughter braved the day-after-Thanksgiving shopping crowds, whist son-in-law and I stayed home. We put our time to good use watching the Lord of The Rings trilogy while my son smoked some ribs. Our main purpose was to maintain law and order amongst the dogs. They brought the new grandpuppy over and the dogs formed a tenuous truce. Some barking and growling here and there but no blood has been spilled as of this writing.

If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is. Not sure what is happening today – maybe Mexican food and a movie or maybe an X-man marathon and pizza. Either way it is so nice having the kids here. Hell, it was just nice being away from “the grind” for a bit.

There are only three countries that celebrate Thanksgiving – we, the Brits, and Canada. We celebrate because it was the start of life in the US as we know it, the Brits celebrate because they got rid of us, and the Canadians were happy some king or another got over his cold . Everyone is happy. To all you poor bastards that had to work, my sympathy.

Bottom line, enjoy your family and friends while you can, eat well live well, and for god’s sake pass the cranberry sauce.




10 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

No, Dolly7 is too scared.

I bet they're good watch dogs.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

owww look at the babies. sounds like you had a great time for the holidays.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger jin said...

CUTE!
:-D

I thought of your pups the other day...passing through Walmart(yeah...I KNOW! I KNOW! :-P) I saw a display of santa suits & hats for dogs. They came very large & I found one to fit my Brioche! LMAO! Yes, I bought it, with the rationalization that "It's not nearly as bad as those 4th of July hats phos' dogs had to wear..."
:-D

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday. The puppies are cute. From what I heard, the shopping wasn't too crazy the day after Thanksgiving. I would have liked what you boys did better.

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice time. I agree with you, it is the come-together with family which is the essence of the "celebrating" accompained with good food and drink...
(I'm not vegetarian...husss :P)

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving with all those dogs! My guys have been out Elk hunting all week & even went out Thanksgiving morning.

Thanks for the recipe blogs links. those were interesting.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t: Schnae Hunds or mixes there of. Yukon, the big boy may be a Mal-Husky cross. The little girl, Husky and who-knows-what. Their niece probably part scroungy coyote and part shark, she is a grandpa biter. The little brown dog is really a sweetheart on when she isn’t gnawing on me.

LL:May want to keep Dolly away form these pups – the huskies have a strong prey drive. Hope you had a nice (and muttonless) T-Day.

DAK: The pups aren’t spoiled at all – hardly. I think a good time was had by all – hope you got a nice break as well!!

Jin: Half the fun of having dogs is dressing them in a humiliating fashion and then taking pictures. Hope to see a shot of Santa Brioche soon!!! Glad to hear you are shopping at the “Company Store”.

B7: Need to check and see how black “Black Friday” was - I haven’t heard anything, though the prediction was sales would be sluggish. I like people, but not all at once in small confined areas. Grilling and chilling is where it is at!!

KN: Glad to hear you proudly claim Omnivore status. There seems to be a lot of wal-mart shoppin’ grazers around these here parts… I know you all don’t do T-Day, but hope you had a nice weekend.

l>t: : Elk Hunting sounds great. I can remember when the week before T-Day meant my mom was a deer hunting widow. This is a rough time of year for me – lots of memories of my dad, my brother, and I out in the woods not seeing any deer. Once again, it was a family bonding kind of thing – it was just nice being out with my brother and father.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

here's the cranberry sauce Phos...u only had to sit next to me ;-)

Nice happy post and cute dogs there! Seems like u had tons of fun and great moments with ur loved-ones.

Keshi.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Keshi: Hi, thanks for stopping by!! Didn't know you Aussies did T-Day. Thanks for the cranberry sauce!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

no we dun...Im just catching the germs from ya :)

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home