Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Plymouth Rock Day


First, happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate, if not it’s just another week.  Sucks to be you now back to work! I am off and cooking.  

Speaking of cooking Eternally Curious started a new site where you can post recipes. Probably a little late to post any Thanksgiving stuff, but [insert December holiday of your choice] is just around the corner.  There are a ton of cooking sites on the web – note FoodCrazee. Visit his site for some great oriental food. While you are there, follow his links and you will find yourself on a culinary tour of the world.  Just another cool thing about the Blogsphere is the instantaneous world travel.  Can’t end without mentioning Jin’s site too – lots of BBOs (Beauteous Baked Objects). From political ravings to bodacious tatas (I am just here for the food), you can find it all in the blogsphere.  Go ahead, knock yourself out, don’t cost nuthin’!

Not sure how much Bloggage will occur over the long weekend, but I will have some happy snaps of the big holiday and will post them eventually. Whatever you celebrate holiday-wise the common thread is the family, and that is the most important element as well. So even if you aren’t an imperialist swine celebrating the beginning of the oppression of Native Americans, the devastation of virgin North American forests, and massacre of hundreds of innocent turkeys raised under horrible conditions call your mom and tell you are thinking about her.  





16 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Happy Thanksgiving mate!

eeeeeeeee those turkies look like dinosaurs!

Keshi.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

LL: Let's see how you feel about Easter... Thanks and right back at you!!!

Keshi: There are those who firmly believe the dinosaurs didn't disappear, merely morphed into birds. There is some pretty strong evidence..."

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I just lost my appetite looking at that last picture

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

DAK:I should have put up an image of a farmer scything corn with a dull blade to show mans inhumanity to plants. Equal time for the grazers...

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger jin said...

Hahaha!!!!
bodacious tatas???

LMAO!!!
Thanks for the plug phos!
(I think???)

Happy Day Off to you & yours!!!!
:-D

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Jin, I caught that one too!

Oh, and thank you so much for the carcasses.... :( Dad's a hunter, Mom's from the farmer side... Doestn't matter HOW MANY carcasses I've seen in a lifetime, I'll NEVER get used to it... U ever seen a bear? Looks like a man!

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

p.kid, same way. Nowadays everybody just puts all the holidays together. I hate that and I won't do it.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

p.kid, I just realized what you meant. I'll probsbly tell everybody to have lots of ham instead of lamb. :)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Pat said...

LOL! Thanks for the plug, Phos! Happy Turkey Day to you and yours!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Fuff said...

Ew, erk! Poor things. Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Thanks for the wishes and Happy T-Day to all!!!! I have my own bird carcasses to attend to - got the coals going so I probably should too!! If you need me later I’ll be the one sleeping face down in the mashed potatoes…

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanks Giving. Make it vegetarian...

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

KNN We are going to have to discuss the horrors vegetarians have perpetrated on the plant world. The horror of the thrashing machine, being cruelly twisted from the mother vine and sol d then chopped with sharp steel blades your vital juices leaking over the counter. It makes me shudder!! Down with Vegacide!!!

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took your advice and called my mom yesterday and visited my dad in the hospital. Yes, I did these things even though I'm not an imperialist swine celebrating the beginning of the oppression of Native Americans, the devastation of virgin North American forests, and massacre of hundreds of innocent turkeys.

And it felt good.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Dan:Good on you! It’s all about family. My folks are gone and I rue every minute I have lost with them, the stories, the family history, the love.

I haven’t oppressed any one lately myself, but have participated in the devastation of old growth forest and sure as hell aided and abetted the turkey massacre. I can never emphasize this one unwritten rule of nature enough – life is short when you taste good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home