Saturday, June 06, 2009

In the Moment

Sarah Sofia Ganborg laid a "10 things about you" meme on me. I've done this one in past Blogs and truth be told I'm just not that interesting - I lead a fairly dull life. So here's a palm tree instead. Palm trees, now those are interesting!!




Another D-Day anniversary is upon us. Today the allies stormed the beaches along the French coast of Normandy and ushered in the end of the Third Reich. Now those were some soldiers, I don't know as I could have done what they did, had the stamina and courage they displayed on this day 65 years ago. Salute!!

5 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful tree

perfect for a meme
&
fitting tribute to d-day

( oh n-no... i'm s-s-stuttering )

/t.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I appreciate our soldiers fighting for us.

Palm trees are fascinating.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger dianne said...

Nice tribute Phossy dear and yes those brave soldiers should be remembered like all service men and women who have served in many wars. ♡

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

yes, today is the 65th anniversary of d-day ..
i have an uncle who fought at d-day. he is still alive but very frail and not doing well at all.

i like your palm tree. you don't have to do a 10 list.
who you are comes through in your blog ..
at least what you let us 'see' ... :)

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Isn't there a song about palm trees
or am I hallucinating?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home