Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Power of Power Tools

I am trying to do some woodworking -minor stuff, fixing some drawers and finishing a gate for the kitchen. Of course power tools are involved. I did have shop when I was in 7th grade, and aside from being beat up by the thugs that were doomed to the factory floor for the rest of their lives, I was traumatized by the table saw and it's relatives. Something about a whirling blade o' death and my hands in proximity to said balde makes me break a sweat. Fear sweat, not overworked sweat.

Mrs. Phos belives my woodworking goal is to rebuild some drawers, she doesn't understand my actual goal is to finish the project with all the digits and limbs I started with. With my highly developed hand to eye coordination that is a tall order. If I actually produce something beyond turning good wood into scrap I'll be amazed, if there's no blood on it I'll be thrilled.

Well, back to the buzzsaw...

15 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Oh Phos - sorry. I love power tools, yes even saws, and evidently my son has inherited this love from me as well, since he weilded the saw during our recent wall demolition! Take care, go slow, and I'm certain you'll be fine. 'Course, you'll have to be sure to rehydrate afterwards, to replenish all you lost through all that sweat!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm
learning
how to juggle
running chainsaws

it's a real chick magnet!

/t.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger The Java Junkie said...

Just watch out for your blogging fingers...

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Beware of /t.!

Be careful with those tools.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jack K. said...

Measure twice, cut once.

Take your time.

Enjoy the project.

Post photos of process, please.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

just don't stick your thumb out at a right angle when you are buzzing around with the saw ..

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not
so much
a lamb magnet

/t.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger boneman said...

well, entering fourth quarter, Cards up some.
What an beating!

So, powertool man.
One of the vehicles on the post is a cart driven with a drill.

Well, back to the game....

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I was able to create one drawer plate, the piece that attaches to the back of the drawer front and holds it in place. It's glued and clamped to the drawer as I write this. The tricky part for me was making the groove in the board for the bottom of the drawer. I used a Dado Head for the first time and had the groove cut in no time.

Now to off to the kitchen. I had the ribs left over form the standing rib roast we had for X-mas so I used them to make stew. Can't have stew without biscuits, so I need to whip up a batch!!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t.: How about juggling lambs and burning grill lighters?

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Joanna Cake said...

Chain saws and those whirring table saws put the fear of god up me! Be careful!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

All digits present and accounted for!!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger darkfoam said...

good!! :)

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Hey Phossy dear be careful my friend those power saws are quick and dangerous, pleased all your digits are still present. ♥

 

Post a Comment

<< Home