Sunday, January 11, 2009

Drop X from the Alphabet

X is probably the most useless letter in the entire alphabet. Mute Monday is supposed to be X, and Beyond X-rays, Xavier Cougat, and 1/4 of the towns in Mexico I can't think of much exciting about X. Sure sometimes X can mark the spot, or can be contrived to show the past, such as X-girlfriend, and while I think I may have a picture of her lying around I certainly wouldn't post it. I like to use my own pictures, mainly because I enjoy taking them and showing them, but I always feel as though I am thieving if I use someone else's shots. I know I am not making anything from them, but still my conscience would bother me to no end - shocking, but I do have one. That is also the reason that though I love music but make none of my own I won't post songs. Believe me, you do not want to hear Phos try to sing. The only time I do sing is to make up songs about Mrs. Phos and annoy her with them while she is trying to fall asleep. Hey, everyone has to have a hobby!! Anyway there won't be any Mute X this Monday. I do enjoy Mute Monday but there are times I just don't feel terribly inspired, this is one of those times.

Frankly I am going through one of those "bored with life" phases this weekend. Everything is the same as last weekend and next weekend and so on. I get into the work, eat, sleep rut (I am sure we've all been there at one time or another) and just can't get motivated. If I was an artist, perhaps it could be put down as artistic temperament, but being a pogue I think it is just stasis setting in, with some notes of general laziness.

Anyway, hope you all are having a good weekend and things are running smoothly for you. In these times just having a roof over your head and some sort of job is really saying something. I should be ecstatic about the things because I have a lot going for me but need to really work at pulling my head out of my ass to realize the fact.

11 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger darkfoam said...

xeric (zrk, zîr-)
Relating or adapted to an extremely dry habitat. Succulents such as cacti, aloes, and agaves are xeric plants.
(from on of those online dictionaries)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Ruela said...

"and just can't get motivated."



Me too Phos
at this moment it seems that I fell in a hole and not
leave of there...



Triple XXX

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

foam: Thanks, got plenty of those out here, should have twigged to that. We have Xeric landscaping in the front yard in fact - moonscape in the back yard thanks to Yukon's quest for China.

R-Man: I was hoping you could inspire me with one of your sculptures. If I do nothing else in my life I have to get out to Portugal and check out one of your shows.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if
you
want to
see china...

visit a wal-mart

/t.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Ho!

Wow, yeah, same ole same ole weekends stackin' up....no ideas fer X...

AHEM!

Will the meetin' please come to order?

Thanky, thanky.

Here's the Minutes from the last meeting(s)(posts)

On X markin' the MM spot, xeric or other wise...ya can also use Y or Z (Troll's rules) (A fella could go far on Z=s "zany" (A contraction of "insane."

On yore ragin' case of Acedia, go fly a kite--literally. OR sail a boat, or some activity utterly out of yore norm--jump start yore juices. Visiting a nursing home does it fer me--I mean, these folks have terminal ennui, so it reminds me of all the thangs I wanna do afore I get to their stop. It can catapult ya back out into the world of the livin' wif new pep in yore step.

On Troll's bible meme--well, now, I didn't think knowledge of the bible was a prereq is it? Jes' read the assigned text, tell us what ya got from it--if anythang. Like Nike: Jes' do it.

On humanism cause who can hear the news an' think somebody in the ether capacious gives a tuppence?

Heh, now Pho-Kid, that is the thang ain''t it.

Do I recall you is a Daddy? Reckon you'd really like to arrange the cosmos so yore chile woan never have to suffer bad thangs, or --gads!--DO bad thangs. But....to insure such, you'd have to turn that chile into a robot wif no mind of its own, no free will. Jes a cute automaton. Incapable of real acts of love or kindness or any act with any meanin' a'tall.

God's dilemma, too. Of course he coulda made it paradise on earth--wait--he did that, we messed that up--but the thorny ?? is: Is all the sufferin' worth givin' man free will?

Reckon we know the answer....iffin' mam AIN'T gonna have fre will WHAT is the point in makin' Man at all? Jes' another live toy? Puts me in mid of the Pinocchio story--how the wooden headed puppet wanted to be a "real boy"...not knowin' what he ws askin'...heh..an' ya know the rest.

God DOES watch over us, or thangs would be far worse--an' can be, the more of us that turn away from the simple order of the universe he set up fer us, The Ten Commandments.

/t is funny.

Hang in heah wif us--we miss ya!



That free will thang--thar's the rub.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Now you want to rewrite the alphabet.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

Luckily, just when I'm unmotivated, something comes along to piss me off. Nice blog fodder.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t.: I just go to Chen Wok - the food takes me there. Meanwhile, if you jump my wall at night and try to get to the house you're liable to break a leg in one of Yukon's tiger traps.

AB: Foam gave me an idea for X. Forgot my front yard is Xeriscaped. Don't want to waste too much water out here on grass.

As far as god, Jesus, and the rest, love to meet 'em on the street some time - you are right, things could be worse, just give it time. We need to take care of one another 'cause I am still convinced there's no one else that will. As far as being a father, why yes I am and I show up and talk to my kids in person from time to time... Besides free will we are also equipped with great imaginations and a fear of the unknown. Easier to come up with a mythical being and say "Because God wanted it that way" then digging for the facts.

LL: Not rewrite it, downsize it. J is pretty useless too.

Chickie: A little serendipity can go a long way sometimes.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

I always thought "c" was a redundant letter. After all, the soft-c can be handled by "s" and the hard-c can be handled by "k".

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Phossy dear, there are lots of words that begin with X, so we cant get rid of it yet.

I know how you're feeling, a little disgruntled with life in general, same old stuff all of the time, not motivated. I think it has something to do with the fact that we have just said Goodbye to a year that wasn't really that great, Christmas and New Year celebrations are over and now its back to work and reality.
And now we are faced with another year and I guess we are all hoping this one will be better. ♥

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

But wait, you forgot about good old triple X! How could you? ;)

Oh, and Indigo, whatever could we do with the hard "CH" sound? :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home