Sunday, December 28, 2008

All Over but the Shouting

Well if that wasn't nice, I don't know what is... Had a great Christmas and am looking forward to the New year. Being the procrastinator that I am I don't get fired up about New Year until the Lunar New Year rolls around. Though I don't have a lick of Chinese in the many nationalities that make up ol' Phos, I really love the Chinese New Year. Maybe it stems from my love of Oriental cuisine, maybe I am just a tad crazy, but love it I do. For me that is the real start of a new period in which to screw things up.

The symbology to the Chinese New Year has more to do with new beginnings than ours, I believe. Sweeping out the house represents sweeping all the accumulation of problems and baggage from the past year, a very nice touch.

At any rate, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, holiday, solstice, or whatever celebration the deity of your choice endorses for this time of year.

16 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

Yes I think that's it: You're crazy! ;)

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger boneman said...

my diety says time, calendars and the like are, at best, arbitrary, so, Happy New Time is as good as anything, eh?
Hope your holidays are good, positive days.
As you live in Arizona (last I looked or knew) I'm thinking that you're in an excellent position to do just that.
And, should all else go wrong, you see, just grab the wife and kids and dogs (prarie and house) and become a prospector, which is no doubt a great job choice, any ol' way, huh?

HO HO HO!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger boneman said...

ps, yes. Chinese food is fine chow! 'Specially the all you can eat places because one gets to try so many different things!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Helene said...

ty and you as well! =]

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

and you want to eat up my lambs.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

Glad it went nice for you!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

DM: Most likely...

Boneman: Uranium is a big thing out here, I best get lookin'

Helene: Thanks!!!

LL: Damn Skippy!! Lamb Fooyung for everyone!!

Chickie: Thanks!!!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

it's the 28th already ..?
dang ..!!!
anywho ..
happy sunday evening to you ..

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New year anyways:)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Sweeping out the house sounds like a good idea to me!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jack K. said...

Happy New Time to you and yours.

Our holiday was very nice. It is the first time my brother and I have spent the holiday together since we were kids, I think. He goes back to El Paso tomorrow so I will have some time to get back to blogging. There will be a post coming.

I did tell him about your aircraft photos. He paints airplanes among other things. I will also post some of them too.

Make it a good one, whatever It is.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY
NEW YEAR
TO TINY HOUSE

/t.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

I hope your christmas was nice. And cheers for a Bush-free New Year!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

Good you had a loavly time. What you barbecuing for New Year?

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas Phos dear.
That sweeping of all the accumulation of problems and baggage from your life sounds like a good idea.
A new start. ♥

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Happy Happy Merry Merry Phos and Mrs. Phos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home