Saturday, December 06, 2008

Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me...


Normally I wouldn't go shopping until after January, when all the X-mas shopping, after X-mas sales and gift return melee was over, but today I set boldly forth with Mrs. Phos. I needed a new fan for my PC, a few things From Target, and Mrs. Phos forced me to go to the Bookstore. There was actually some X-mas shopping we needed to do, no frankincense, gold or myrrh, though. It wasn't that bad - maybe it is the economy, maybe we hit it just right but there weren't the usual swarms of people. Now I don't mind people, just don't like all of them all at once. Especially in the confines of a store. Didn't find the books I wanted (got some I didn't know I wanted), but was able to find my fan, a set of blocks for the grandson, and an MP3 CD player for my father-in-law. We didn't ride in the horse drawn carriage, it's cute but I think the parking lot kind of sucks the romance out of the ride...

9 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Oh c'mon be a sport.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Sport? I do like a good round of Lamb Toss!!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

a christmas sled and somebodies wearing short sleaves ..
tsk. we had snow flurries today.
but anyway .. i'm like you. i try to avoid stores as much as possible.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

lamb toss indeed!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I try to avoid snow...

The 100 Meter Lamb Toss

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger dianne said...

I try to avoid the larger department stores in the huge shopping complexes because at this time of year its always so crowded; but sometimes you have to go there to get a particular gift. ♥

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Aunty Belle said...

I jes cain't do it...the stores I mean. A Sleigh ride in the woods, mebbe.

What books couldn't ya find?

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

season's
greetings @ mo'po
with the annual lighting
of our glorious Christmas Lamb!

feel the warmth!

/t.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I could do the sleigh ride, if'n it was up in the mountains, with lots o' snow and trees, very few people and buildings, and a large thermos of hot chocolate.

Shopping is meant to be done online, but only with merchants that offer direct shipping. No mess, no fuss, no sweat ... and most importantly ... no aching feet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home