Sunday, January 28, 2007

Another Sunday Goin' Down


Looks as though there’s something brewing. The large ring around the moon tonight indicates a change in the Wx. Checking the forecast for the upcoming week reveals plummeting temps (for here that is) and rain as early as Tuesday. The rain is welcome, but hold the frost. My oleanders took a big hit, fortunately they are tough and will spring back. Of course the weed my neighbors planted on their side of the wall is fine and will continue to creep over onto my side.

Kind of an uneventful day, which is ok. The only constructive bit I accomplished was to clean out the fridge – boldly go where no man has gone in search of new life forms. I didn’t find any revolting mold creature this time, so I have that going for me, which is nice. I think NASA could run experiments in there to dry run the next Mars probe’s ability to detect different kinds of life, say broccoli based instead of the typical carbon based life you’d expect.

Took an evening off from the kitchen and hit the Chen Wok. It was delicious, as usual. It looks as though the owner has put the entire family to work – sort of a “My Big Fat Chinese Restaurant” thing going on, though there wasn’t a seating hostess that looked like a Bea Arthur body double on the premises.

The picture of the moon was kind of disappointing; there is actually a larger ring that is too faint for my camera to pick up.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

Pics like that are so difficult to perfect, very pretty though.
Since discovering a life form unknown to humans a few years ago, I worry about my fridge and keep the junk out; aside from the odd camembert that stinks the entire house out that is.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Interesting picture.

I see you've gone beta like the rest of us.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

fuffeeeewww stinky french cheese. Give me a nice solid Gruyère any day. The Swiss know how to make cheese, the french,not so much.

LL:Thanks LL, I still have a long way to go with the photography, but I enjoy it.

Blogger finally let me switch to the Beta - I was amazed.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Are you sure it isn't a UFO? ;)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Fuff said...

LOL. I like Swiss cheese too. In fact almost any! I once had a stilton that stank so much, it had to stay in the garage.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I never realized that you can tell the weather by looking at the moon. I thought you could only tell exactly what was going to happen to you at each exact moment for the rest of your life.

They call it astrology.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

blonde71274: This is Arizona not New Mexico so I think we're safe from UFOs here, though if you stare into the sun long enough and then look away you can see a bunch of ufos...

fuff: Stilton is kind of a Blue cheese from what I understand and I never developed a taste for blue cheese. I did try it again at a French Cassern, but nope, still sucks.

Dan:I still like the "Power of Cheese" commercial where the narrator says "We went to the moon, but when we foud it was made of rock instead of cheese we never went back"

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Phos-
I love the moon, and when stars or planets look like they are close to it- or there are rings around the moon- it just makes me feel all mystical and tingley- LOL~
And I love sunsets.
We live around a lot of trees, so I have to get up to a hillside to see a good one.
I think I'd like AZ...for the sunsets and the great big hot air balloons :)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Dino said...

what picture??? I dont see one just text.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Mayden: AZ has its moments. It is getting crowded, though.

DAK:There is a picture of the moon - not a great one, but nonethe less. I am using Firefox and can see it; not sure about Explorer, but the page published ok, so I don't know what the probelm is. Sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home