Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So Who Can Sleep at a Time Like This?

Blogging has come a long way from Skyler the teenage love-puppy looking for love in all the wrong places.  It has become a community of ideas where one can express their feelings, advance their culture, show compassion, or showcase their art.

Speaking of art, I have always been intrigued with printmaking, to the point of taking courses in mono-print and intaglio.  There is just something about the smell of the ink and the feelings of awe and reverence when in the presence of nearly a ton of steel that is the press. There’s the thrill of rolling the paper through and throwing the blanket back to see what you have created, though it is not always a pleasant surprise and there is no going back in some cases. I believe /t. has captured the essence of printmaking in a digital medium.  He has some exceptional examples on his site codepo().  If you get a chance head on over and let your eyes have a treat.  

There are some Blogs, such as Blogs get Slaughtered where one can let their hair down a bit (if, unlike me you have hair) and not worry about someone playing the yellow card/red card soccer penalty crap. Some one panned Timmy’s site recently and I fail to see the purpose behind being so malicious (part of that is probably because it is 3 in the morning and I can’t see much of anything). I come across sites I don’t like from time to time, but with a click of the mouse I move and don’t feel the need to publish some judgmental crap on their short comings.  If someone takes it upon him or herself to critique Blogs they need to enroll in a two step program: Step one, move out of mom’s house; Step 2 find something more constructive to do with your time.  

The bottom line is hit the links and enjoy the ride…  

9 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I don't understand those who start quarreling in the comment-box. If they don't lke the blogg, leave it. Noone forced they to read it, no one will now that they left without leaving a comment.
Have a nice day.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound a bit crouchy today. but I agree its a free world and people that don't like my blog can just move on

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

don't understand /t.'s are at all, but it is interesting.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

pk

i have theory that eventually, as this hive matures, we will all be separated by six links or less... it hasn't happened yet ... i still don't know how to link myself but i plan on learning... then after we all have all our links up , we will only be six links away from one another

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Like ma always said, “if you can’t say something nice about someone, at least have the decency to do it behind their back...

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Phos I hate stupid fights in blogs too and somehow some ppl drag me into em...now I dun go to such blogs.

Keshi.

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like timmy cannibals blog.

There are some blogs that are not to my taste so I just leave em be.

What's the point in pissing into the wind anyway?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Timmy makes me laugh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home