Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Thrill o' the Grill

Realize what my problem was - I haven't fired "Ol' Smokey" up in a while, so I remedied that tonight and grilled up a batch of drumsticks. Kind of Teriyaki - would have been more so if I would have allowed them to marinate overnight, but they were ok. Two things I havew lawyas loved is fishin' and grillin'. The two even work pretty well together, although a hot grill in the boat is probably a bad idea. Not that I'd ever try anything like that. Would be cool to catch the fish and toss it right on the grill though...

Don't get to fish out here, but I can grill year round. I wish I could get the stores to understand that all season is grilling season out inh these parts and there's no reason to tuck the grill supplies away to make room for the school shit. Even when I lied in snow country I was out grilling, even if I had to shovel the grill out of a snowbank. For my money you can;t beat the taste of food off the grill. Even better, if one has the time, is to do a slow smoke with a pork shoulder, ribs, or just about any cut of meat. That smokey flavor is about the best thing I can think of. In fact as a bonus I usually get to smell just like the hickory or mesquite smoke when I am done, talk about men's cologne!!

13 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger none said...

I buy big packs of legs and do them on the grill because they are all done at about the same time.

I baste them with some hot sauce, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper mixed with some honey.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger How do we know said...

aah..maybe u shld try the grill asap.. it sounds like it makes u a very happy person!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger boneman said...

not to mention tossing on some big ol' bell peppers, roast the skins right off'm!
As for the snow grill?
Did that the first Winter out here. Had no stove but wanted decent steaks.
Sure, the wood burner IS a stove and it made great chili, chicken, fried stuff....but, dang.
I get lazy sometimes. Just want'a put the meat on and go veggie at a magazine.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger darkfoam said...

ohhhhhh .. that reminds me ..
i'm going to a pig pickin' this weekend. kind of odd seeing that big ole porker laying out on that huge smoker grill like that, but it's good.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

charcoal and mesquite is the way to go. people who use propane aren't grilling, they're merely cooking.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Things taste good on the grill. Should I say that?!??

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'tis the
season to be jolly :)

/t.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I love grilled seafood! :)

Keshi.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I swear every time I come here I lose my appetite or I get super hungry! It's a hungry visit.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

The Wx has been really nice, lending to some qualtiy grill time. And having a beer while grilling should be put into law. A nice Fat Tire or if available a Leinies Red, is just the ticket to maintain your cool over a hot grill. In fact I find simmering bratwurst in beer along with a knob of butter and some sliced onions, really enhances the brat experience after tossing them on the girl to finish them off. Nice and golden crisp on the outside, flavorful and juicy on the inside.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Sounds delicious, smokey, grilled marinated chicken is great. ♥

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

LOL
You don't like hockey?
So what kind of game do You find pleasure in? ;-)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

well .. i just ate ..
but i'll have a beer if there is any left ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home