Monday, January 28, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing


The rain stopped for now, but the sky is starting to cloud up again. It has been one of those days where nature can't seem to make up its mind what it wants to do. As usual the weather-jackass on TV didn't say anything about more rain tonight, but I have a feeling he will be...

The rain doesn't make everyone happy. There was a scorpion that decided he'd had enough, came on in and made himself at home on our wall. The last thing to go through his mind was the cover page of the magazine I hit him with. This morning the wife called the bug guy who unleashed a chemical jihad on all living things in and around the house. I told her I wanted the back yard to become a wasteland devoid of life as we know it - I know, I know we killed off all the beneficial insects too. My answer to that is fly with crows, get shot.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

Fair enuff. I would do the same if we had arachnid visitors. They have teeth.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

such a beautiful pic!

Keshi.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Nice clouds.

I hate bugs too.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

fuff: Just about everything out here bites, scratches or stings...

keshi: thanks!!!

ll: Thanks ll. Bugs are ok outside, not so ok inside...

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogger
ate my comment

twice

/t.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

natch

/t.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

/t.: Must've been a delicious comment...

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

Yay for chemical jihad! I hate crunchy things with 6 legs.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tasty?

yes, likely

and witty, pithy... and dare i say, brilliantly humorous, with just the perfect touch of drama and pathos, carefully crafted over a period of minutes, and honed to the cutting edge of clever...

but blogger ate it, twice...

so now all you get is this crappy comment

thanks to blogger!

/t.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

here's to bug splat ..
nice cloud photo, btw..

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

and plz do take part in my current post ok Phoso!

Keshi.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger none said...

I've been stung by scorpions in my shoes before. Kill em all let god sort em out.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger KB said...

Another very cool photo! We don't have scorpions and I'm glad!! Weather men.....I wonder why we have them sometimes!!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger TK Kerouac said...

Beautiful cloud pic,
poor scorpion, I'm one of those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home