Thursday, October 11, 2007

One of Those Weeks

Haven't been on the computer in a bit, as you may know. No reason really, just chilling, I guess. I was doing some yard work yesterday, went to trim the neighbor's vine (it grows over our wall) and got stung by a hornet. The little buggers have taken up residence in what I like to refer to as my neighbor's devilweed. I hosed it down with some hornet spray but to no avail. Tomorrow night, when everyone is asleep a murder will occur- the devilweed must die...

Then today I went to roll down the window in my car, heard a loud snap and now the window is down permanently. All little things, but the piss-me-offs are piling up.

I did start a local Blog on a local news site. Some cross posting and some crap having to do with local news. It did get a mention in the paper, which is cool. In fact all in all more cool things have been happening than not so cool things. Jin made a Phos cookie, /t. had made one of his fantastic art pieces for me, Gnat awarded me a Blue Gnat, Ruela featured me in two of his masterful works - all in all most excellent. What a great bunch of folks we have here, that is all I can say.

16 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Glad to hear the good things are outweighing the crappy ones.

As for the hornets, I think you should sue.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Ruela said...

"the devilweed must die..."
cool Phos.
Kill the mother f.....buggers.
The same it happens with me...my neighbour is a pig.
In a night I had that to make an impossible mission, to pour a bucket of insecticide to kill the BUGGS that already were to the hundreds.
Best whishes.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger none said...

Power windows are great until they break.

I hate hornets. They could all go away and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

sl: Making their live miserable is more fun!!

ruela: Ain't neighbors great?!

hammer: The hornets can go as long as they take the mosquitoes with them.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger puerileuwaite said...

I must warn you to be careful mentioning "devilweed" around this crowd (Lamby in particular). Some of them have Volkswagons and accrued vacation time.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

stay happy Phos :)

Keshi.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

too bad, I didn't get mentioned in the post :'(

aaahhhhm, what can I do for you... what can I do for you... oh yes! this weekend I will set a little fire in the football stadium! Only for you!!! Isn't that something?!

Happy weekend Phos!

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I thought I posted here. I don't know why I haven't.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I empathize with the window breaking, it's happened to me before. And right before the cold weather is starting to come in....

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought LL & I posted here. I don't know why LL & I haven't.

oh, wait... we have!

/t.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

PW: Lambs smoke Devilweed?? I thought only hornets likes it...

keshi: Don't worry, be happy!! No problem, I will use the Keshi shopping therapy plan if I get sad!!

DM: I'll mention you when I do a Blog on playing with fires at sports events. Lob a fireball out on the field for me this weekend, that would be nice!!

ll: We are poor little lambs who have lost our way, bah, bah, bah...

becky: It was a chilly ride to the dealership!! Fortunately it doesn't get all that cold here...

/t.: Wherever you go, there you are. Nice to see you and the Lamb again!!!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Dino said...

i hate when all the little things gang up on you

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

dak: It is like there's a conspiracy!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I like being online.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Blog on a news site? Phos! Your famous!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

ll: Yes it is a hoot!!

du: Or infamous!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home