Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Phos's Bad Knee Day

The knee is acting up again and no amount of painkiller seems to be working, even a couple of Motrin boilermakers didn’t seem to have much of an affect. Anyway, I am attempting to rest the joint as much as possible, between answering the phone and seeing what Yukon is barking about, that is.
Yukon and Austrella



I recently got Photoshop CS2 and have been puttering a bit - took some shots out in the yard and tried some different settings. The software is complex, so with me it is like a rhino trying to tie a shoe lace, if rhinos actually had shoes to tie.





Had a lovely lunch. As much as I love to cook sometimes I just need to go back to my roots. When I was young, right up until I was 11 years old hotdogs were a mainstay. They were safe food and never tasted like crap, unlike some of mom’s dishes. Her “Salmon Loaf” leaps immediately to mind. So I boiled up some franks. The package promised they were beef, but as we all know the sausage makers consider everything from asshole to moo beef, so you’re on your own. I had picked up this pack for my Chinese New Years party. I almost always have some hotdogs handy at these things because you never know when someone’s kid thinks anything out of a wok is gross. I did bow to the occasion and referred to them as “Dragon Tails” vice hotdogs. A little cheddar, some brown spicy mustard and I am good to go.



Labels: , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger none said...

I like to pan roast hotdogs and cover them with cheese, relish and horseradish mustard.

Take care of that knee bud.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

hey Phos TC of that knee mate.

Yukon And Asutrella look gorgeous...so well-poised awww.


I love hot-dogs but we dun get much of a variety in Aus. Aussies r great pie-eaters u see :)


Keshi.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

hammer:The trick is to get high quality dogs int first place, though it is ironic using high quality and hotdog in the same breath.

I am thinking about sawing everything from the knee down off once I clean the rust off my band saw. Wouldn't want an infection, you know.

Keshi: I've been known to dine on a bit of pie myself, but being that this a is a family blog we won't get into details on that, so to pseak. The reason Aussies don't eat hotdogs is because they are probably kanga-dogs. While a little roast of 'roo is probably ok once-in-awhile they are probably a might on the tough side for hotdog filler.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger tkkerouac said...

thanks for stopping by
when I was a kid, I would cut hotdogs into bits, stick in a toothpick and dip it in mustard, mmmmm

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Cherry! said...

I love the pics! I wish I had photoshop. As for the sore knee, why not wash the painkillers back with a bottle of vodka. Should ease the pain.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

tk:turning a hotdog into a party, what a great idea!

Cherry!: Good idea. The pain will still be there but I won't care anymore - works for me!!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger KATHBEE said...

Hey, this is my first visit! Gorgeous dogs! I think you are doing very well with your big rhino feet...those clouds look cool!! And that bird!!! It's awesome!!

Dunno about hotdogs though....

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I hope your knee gets better quick. Pain is no fun at all.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Rhinos actually don't have shoes (except those of the campers they killed and ate). But I suppose you can teach it to tie your shoes.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Kirsten N. Namskau said...

I can see a dog in the two first sky-pix ... Can you??

Hope your knee gets better.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Dino said...

mhh I like fried hot dogs. cute puppie pics. My new camera is to be delivered tomorrow I can't wait

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

KB: Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed it. You are right about the hotdogs, you buys yer ticket and takes yer chances…

LL: Thanks LL. On the bright side I get to use a cane, always wanted to look stylish…

Dan: Good point, but I do have shoes made of Rhino. Part of Martha Stewarts “Endangered Collection”. I also have a coat made out of the hide of her ex-stock broker.

Kirsten: Why yes I do. Thanks for the good wishes!!

DAK: I find boiling them takes away some of the gamey hoof-steak taste. Cool – what kind of camera did you get? I will be looking forward to lots of great photos!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**kanga-dogs

LOL! ok I seriously cant believe Aussies eat roos...I dun like it cos a roo is a national symbol here and also cos its kinda a very innocent animal.

Keshi.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

keshi: Cows are innocent too - what do you think is in that hotdog - how do you think it got there? Actually there is a big market for 'roo meat as well as Emu. I haven't had Emu, but I have had Ostrich - it has a beef like quality about it.

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best friends mom always boiled hotdaogs. It's so funny I haven't had one like that in so long!! But they have a paticular consistancy to them unattainable through grilling and frying. have to buy me a pack soon!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

You should have made Year-of-the-Pigs in a Blanket.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SL: That would have been great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home