Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Late Valentine's Greeting


Valentine’s Day is upon us, if you are reading this and you didn’t buy flowers or a least a crappy card for your significant other you are already screwed and probably just about to sack out on the couch or evict Rover for the night. Sucks to be you.

Ol’ Phos knows what the wimmens wants! I am treating my wife to a gourmet meal (Philly cheese steak sandwich and fries) at the local food court and then whisking her off for a fun filled evening of romance at the library with my book discussion group. It was just the curse of the calendar that landed our group meeting right smack dab on Valentine’s Day. I could blow the meeting off, but I missed it last quarter and we only meet once in a blue moon, so off we go.

I do have some shrimp and couple steaks tucked away and after our New Year’s celebration I will probably treat her to a more romantic evening at home – just her, me, and a couple of huskies eying up our plates.

Speaking of Love it appears the internet has lost its luster for mate finding, most likely because the market is awash in “Russian Brides”. That and one matchmaking site’s commercial that always shows the same red headed girl “Anna” being picked from their dating service, leading me to believe she is the only non-farm animal in their listings.

Congrats to “Diamond Jim” For taking Best in Show at Westminster, even though the Northern Breeds were once again disrespected.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger none said...

I woke up at 5:30am, got a card, vase of flowers and bottle of champagne from the grocery store.

I looked up and there were ten guys behing me in line holding the same stuff...

If I ever forget these things I'll need to build an addition onto the doghouse

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

"and" fries! haha, then it must be a fest!

Hope you both had a great day!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Hope you had a nice day, Phos.
By the way, I tried your "fried brown rice" yesterday. Really tasty, I used shrimps in and it was the first time I taste water chestnuts.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger How do we know said...

ha ha ha... i loved your definition of romantic .. and your wife agrees?? Now that's interesting! :-)

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

Hope you had a lovely valentines day phos :)

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Happy Valentines Day!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Dino said...

awww you are such a romantic. Book club meeting ... I hope they at least discussed romatic poetry hope you had a fun day

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Phos hope u had a romantic day with ur lady!

Love? Where is it?

btw I clicked a pic of me, just for ya this morning. check it out :)

Keshi.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Those judges are racist. Northern breeds rule!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home