Friday, October 20, 2006

A Dirty Job: A Review


A Dirty Job: A Novel
By Christopher Moore

This book would be tough to recommend.  “A Dirty Job” really falls flat.  There is a rehash of characters from previous novels, such as the Emperor of San Francisco and the vamp from Blood Sucking Fiends, but they do nothing to really move the story forward.  The concept for the book could have been lifted from the television show “Dead Like Me” where reapers wander about the city taking souls.  The outcome of the book is painfully obvious right from the beginning.

While Dirty Job is readable it is not Moore’s best effort. Recommend “Blood Sucking Fiends” or “Fluke” instead.  Those books really showcase Moore’s talent.

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

checking out all the posts i've missed. I won't comment on the book reveiw because I don't know that author. the rouladens look interesting. I'm going to show that recipe to my husband. Looks like something he might want to try.

rings---I don't really like jewelry. (weird for a female not to like jewelry i know)My wedding ring bothers me so i don't wear it. I do wear a smooth silver band on my middle finger that my husband gave me early in our relationship. But the wedding ring is tucked away somewhere

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

l>t: probably like mine - in a "safe place", so safe even I can't find it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home