Monday, August 14, 2006

More Rain!

A lot of folks may have had enough of the rain, but it is still pretty unique here. We had an unexpected shower tonight and even got a rainbow out of the deal. Bonus it cooled things off to the point we may be able to shut down the A/C and open windows.

Our house is a prime example of how we have walled ourselves away form nature – we have special screens to dampen the sunlight so we have to run lights even in the middle of the day and shut the windows tight so we can cool the environment to the point were it is habitable. Not sure what the original folks did in these parts, but they were a lot tougher than me.


And now for something completely different:

A Shoe Cartoon

10 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger jin said...

Those are some really interesting cloud shots!!!
I like the first one best! :-)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Thanks. It reminds me of the scene in a cathedral in Germany

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

These pictures are totally awsome!

You have a unique tallent for capturing the nature displayed in clouds Phos.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

pk

not tougher-aclimatized

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Becky said...

You get the greatest pictures of the sky. I am jealous! Reminds me I need to post pictures of my apple orchard across the street from my house some day.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Well you're tougher than me.. I wouldn't live in the desert. Sedona, maybe.

We just went to ORE's deserts in the E part of the state. Some are posted now, as well as many Cascade photos, down the page.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SF: Thanks! I have certainly had enough subject matter lately. We have gotten some good precip lately, hopefully we’ll get a bit more before the monsoons go on their way.

FS: I still wonder what made them stop the wagon and exclaim “this is the place!”

Becky: Thank you! I would love to see anything with trees in it – they’re pretty scarce in these parts.

LP: Yep, think it is a sun bear.

CS: Have to check out you vacation pictures. We had desert in South Central Wisconsin – dunes and everything. It just wasn’t a very large desert.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

Gorgeous photos!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

chickie: Thanks!!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Ooooo spooky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home