Saturday, August 05, 2006

Beats Working and We're Judged by How We Treat Our Animals

I may already be a winner!  I have a Powerball ticket in my pocket, and though the chances of being struck being lighting while wing-walking on a 747 at 30,000 feet are greater than the chances of hitting the lottery, I feel pretty confident. I bought he ticket at a down in the heels market on a whim. I say one can’t get much more scientific then that.  

What am I going to do with all this loot?  I have several plans, one concerning civic improvement.  I am planning on buying the City of El Mirage – and a bulldozer.  Believe me, the world will be a better place when I am done. I could give some of the money to my kids and the long lost relatives that will start coming out of the woodwork as soon as the winner is announced, and then there are many worthy causes.

In fact there was a worthy cause today, one of my favorites.  The Arizona Humane Society holds a telethon on channel 15 out here every year, and it is a great opportunity to help some animals that have come on hard times.   Mrs. Phos and I always like to give some cash in memory of Lucky Dog, as well as for Austrella, Yukon, and this year – Freddy the Fish.  There’s a lot of abandoned pets, abused animals, and strays out there, which I find so very sad.  Odd how if a person abused an animal by denying the creature water or food, every human rights organization would pitch a fit if the same conditions were imposed on the abuser.  A dog bites and it is put down, a person kills and he or she spends a few years behind bars.  Not a terribly equitable system.

Anyway, enough of this, there is no more putting it off, I have to go check my numbers and see what I will be facing come tax time next year…

7 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

I would open a Chinese restaurant with all that loot. It would take care of two problems at once.

Just kidding.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

I love your plans, PK! Here's wishing you and the missus win BIG BIG BIG!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Feel like donating any of The Big Win to Cherry, per chance?

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SF: Not a bad idea, really. One of my favorite Chinese restaurants has Hispanic cooks, so the Chinese don't have a lock on their cuisine. On the other hand I ate at a Mexican restaurant in Korea with Korean cooks - that one didn’t work out very well.

T&B: Thanks! You'll never know how happy I am to see you back.

Cherry!: Might adopt you, never know.

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Yippeeeeeee!!!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

So, you won, right?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Damn, not a crappy enough market!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home