Monday, August 28, 2006

LIttle Slice o' Heaven


Another day in the Paradise that is El Mirage. The weekend was ok, nothing exciting but ok. Found out things I thought would be published aren’t going to be, got a letter from the head Nazi of our Home Owners Association about a car parked in the street that actually wasn’t mine, but the weather was outstanding. You all know how I am about weather. Even slept with the window open last night, it was nice and cool (for here).

Hopefully the neighbor will park Los Leakin’ Leena in his driveway and allow the pollutants to ooze out over his cement and keep the Housing Gestapo off my back. I do have some other options to get something (anything) published. That, unlike the rambling wreck next-door is my fault – I really need to get off my ass and start sending things out. I have a couple stories and some poetry. I don’t want to make a living at writing but would like to see my name in print in some periodical beyond the HOA Police Blotter. I do enjoy reviewing books, but apparently, that is not my forte.

I love to write in my Blog as well. As I have said before this is a lot cheaper than paying some shrink, and you get to attend “group” with people that aren’t total whack-jobs. Well, ok, most aren’t total whack-jobs. Besides, the nuts of the world are the ones that keep life interesting. Maybe that’s why I like to watch Glenn Beck – there is something seriously wrong with that dude. It is nice to see, however, that once again people with absolutely no talent or any kind of credibility (ala Regis, Ed Sullivan, and Larry King) can have their own TV show. Hey, it is either Beck’s show or re-runs of cops. Please, someone, tell me why I am paying for TV again?

I borrowed some books from the Library to take another shot at getting some reviews published. I am also compiling a listing of literature for Children. Mrs. Phos and one of her cohorts present a workshop for parents called Mother Read, since renamed “Mother/Father Read”, where they teach parents how to read to their kids – more importantly how to connect with their children. Odd that you’d have to teach parents that skill, but obviously it is not hereditary. I think sharing time, and a good book with children is about the best thing a parent can do for their child. I have been reading since the age of four. I attribute my reading abilities directly to my parents taking the time to sit and read with me.

Enough of the stooge-talk, here are some pictures to prove the wholesomeness of Jalapeño popcorn – huskies are being hand-fed corn. Apparently, capsaicin has no effect on husky taste buds, as they are wild about the spicy treat. Yukon even helps keep the kitchen floor tidy by rounding up any stay popcorn that escapes the pan.

Blogger has gone no picture again, will try again tomorrow...

11 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**Yukon even helps keep the kitchen floor tidy by rounding up any stay popcorn that escapes the pan.


lol cute!


Keshi.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

Oh Phos, I so enjoy your blog. It has inspired me to do more reading; something else beside regulatory text and the musings of lesser mortals...

Been away and need to catch up. Keep up the great work Phos.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Why do they always have Nazis with no lives running those Body Corporate things? Seriously.

I had no idea you had aspirations of becoming published! Very cool!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

oh yeah and I'm glad I'm leaving here for the desert for a few days because a chill has begun to settle in. Bring back the heat!!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

PK

Everybody is a Fascist these days, I think it's in fashion or something. Don't call them Nazis though, that elevates them. They are lower than Nazis.

Good luck on publishing.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

This is one of my favorite treats to eat with the dogs. They're such beggars and I'm able to get some peace by throwing pieces in the other room and letting them go after them.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Keshi: HE makes up for cleaning the kitchen floor by shedding all over the rest of the house.

LP11: I was involved in a contest trying to see who could get the most packing peanuts in their mouth at once. I lost. The HOA likes the old Gestapo tactics, turn in your neighbor. Some day the tables will turn.

SF: Great to see you back! I have been stopping by your corner of the Blogsphere from time to time. Thanks!!!

Cherry!: The HOA folks actually give Nazis a bad name. I live in a desert; it is hot all the time, pretty much. Been cool enough (80s) at night to sleep with a window open.

FS: When we played war wit the neighborhood kids my brother and I were always the Germans. We didn’t turn out so bad.

Chickie: Dogs are a great source of laughter. It is tough to be blue around dogs.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

haha!

Keshi.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

There are a lot of talentless hacks on TV. You've obviously never watched The View.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger New Fool said...

I hope you can keep the homeowning Nazis off your back for still longer.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that head "nazi" is the reason to why I wont live in a neighborhood wiht an homeowners association.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home