Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dead As A Doornail


Dead As A Doornail
By Charlaine Harris

Mystery, mayhem, vampires, weres, telepaths, and Faeries, what’s not to love? Set in rural Louisiana the heroine, Sookie Stackhouse is a barmaid with a penchant for trouble – the fact she is a telepath and lives amongst the undead and shape-shifters makes her life and the book interesting to say the least.

Dead as a Doornail is fast paced and engrossing, though lacks enough clues for the reader to solve the mystery without some telepathic input from Sookie. The book is part of a series but stands well on its own and will leave most readers with the desire to search out more of Harris’s books. Doornail serves as a good palate cleanser between more serious reads as it is just a very enjoyable and at times humorous book.

11 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I dun like Dracula eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:(
Keshi.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Katy said...

thanks Phos this sounds like something I like to read I was so upset when I heard that Anne Rice is not going forward with her witch and vampire books

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Keshi: You are in luck - Dracula isn't in the book.

Katy: I have favorite authors, the trouble is they just don't write fast enough and keep me waiting - in a way that is a good thing because it forces me to branch out a bit.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

This looks good! I'll have to hit the library soon.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

chickie: Probably see you there!!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger mummified said...

Sounds just like my sorta thing - and the bookshop is just a hop, skip and a jump away (if the library lets me down).

:-)

mummy

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Mummy: Bookstore? Take me with you!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger jin said...

Oh, YES! This sounds like my type of book also!

Cool phos!

*After reading the comments jin wants to go to the bookstore, too... :-(*

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Ok, everybody in the car, we're going to the bookstore!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Katy said...

me tooo I wanna come. Well I will be going to Barnes and Noble on wednesday to meet the au pairs and to pick up a new book I just finished mine yesterday.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home