Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dead As A Doornail


Dead As A Doornail
By Charlaine Harris

Mystery, mayhem, vampires, weres, telepaths, and Faeries, what’s not to love? Set in rural Louisiana the heroine, Sookie Stackhouse is a barmaid with a penchant for trouble – the fact she is a telepath and lives amongst the undead and shape-shifters makes her life and the book interesting to say the least.

Dead as a Doornail is fast paced and engrossing, though lacks enough clues for the reader to solve the mystery without some telepathic input from Sookie. The book is part of a series but stands well on its own and will leave most readers with the desire to search out more of Harris’s books. Doornail serves as a good palate cleanser between more serious reads as it is just a very enjoyable and at times humorous book.

10 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I dun like Dracula eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:(
Keshi.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Dino said...

thanks Phos this sounds like something I like to read I was so upset when I heard that Anne Rice is not going forward with her witch and vampire books

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Keshi: You are in luck - Dracula isn't in the book.

Katy: I have favorite authors, the trouble is they just don't write fast enough and keep me waiting - in a way that is a good thing because it forces me to branch out a bit.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

This looks good! I'll have to hit the library soon.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

chickie: Probably see you there!!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Mummified said...

Sounds just like my sorta thing - and the bookshop is just a hop, skip and a jump away (if the library lets me down).

:-)

mummy

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Mummy: Bookstore? Take me with you!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger jin said...

Oh, YES! This sounds like my type of book also!

Cool phos!

*After reading the comments jin wants to go to the bookstore, too... :-(*

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Ok, everybody in the car, we're going to the bookstore!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Dino said...

me tooo I wanna come. Well I will be going to Barnes and Noble on wednesday to meet the au pairs and to pick up a new book I just finished mine yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home