Saturday, July 08, 2006

Northern Breeds Get the Shaft, again.


I watched the Eukanuba Dog show on Animal Planet and was saddened to see that once again the Northern breeds were shut out. The Malamute, Costello, did take second in the Working Dog class, but in my book (and apparently a lot of folks agree as Costello was Viewer’s Choice Best in Show) he should have taken the whole Shootin’ match. Maybe I am little partial, but Huskies and Malamutes seem to be ignored at these events and some little snooty snooterton dog wins. This show a Sheltie won, so it wasn’t some crazy cat wannabe breed – a little consolation.

Just to nip it in the bud for SL, I am not upset, so ease off, and I want the sweet kind of licorice, not the nasty salty crap the Dutch seem to crave. Thanks.

9 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

Having been involved in horse competitions, I can only imagine how political dog shows can be.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SF: I am still trying to figure out how a judge can pick one breed of dog out of several different breeds. I am also a little supicious when I find out the judge breeds or has been involved with one of the breeds that is being judged.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger jin said...

We can't watch dog shows...our dog tries to mount the television set.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

Survival of the whippersnappers.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Jin: I think that is how they bred the RCA Victor dog.

CS: And the potlickers.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Yeah I hate that type of liquorice too!!!

LMAO at jin!!!
Hilarious!!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Flora Pang said...

honestly, i prefer smaller dogs. i think most (most i assume, i can assume wrong, but anyway)women prefer smaller dogs. They look cute, and always have that innocent look on their face which makes you so wanna cuddle and spoil them.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

CHerry: A Dutch major I worked wiht liked handing otu some hard candy that had a huge burst of salt when you got to the center. You'd think living on land they pilfered from the sea the Dutch would have had enough of salt.

FP: Small dogs do have thier advantages - you can put them in a purse and schlep them with you. On the other side of the coin, it is pretty tough looking manly with a teacup poodle on the other end of the leash.

I think I like the Northern Breeds best becasue they haven't fallen far from the tree genetics-wise.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Belize city drug stores order clomid prescription omnifying labelled as generic clomid California form legal loan timing sex with clomid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home