Saturday, July 15, 2006

Chillin'


Just hanging out around Casa Lucky today, doing some summer cleaning (seem to have missed Spring cleaning and it finally caught up with me in the form of Ms. Phos with a list in one hand and a bat in the other). I did take some happy snaps to show Ms. Pang I do indeed have a temple dog guarding my house, with some back up inside the front door.I am not a spiritual person by any stretch of the imagination, none-the-less Buddha does appeal to me. He is more personable than other gods, doesn’t threaten a severe ass-kicking, never tells followers to drive explosive laden cars into crowds, or foretell the end of the world if he decides to shine around again. In fact he does shine around in all of us. Nice concept.

General Kwan and his posse

The Boys. I can finally say I have the body of a god...

This is my kitchen staff in charge of making sure I don't burn the place down - good job so far! The bottle is the last bottle of Soju consumed by Phos in Korea.

Mamma clouds and virga over lovely El Garbage

13 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... "a body of god"

You know, to the traditional Chinese, a fat gut is a sign of prosperity! How freeing is that thought?!
:P

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger jin said...

Wow, you surprise me phos!

Buddha's everywhere!

David & I had a Buddha statue on top of our wedding cake. He sits at the entrance to the shoppe & I rub his belly EVERY time I pass him! (The Buddha not David!)
:-)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Lim: Also a sign of too much rice. I would be happy to be a lot less prosperous.

Jin: I doubt David would complain much.
I think it was cool that Buddha was pretty much just a regular guy who, one day after meditating, jumped up from under his tree and yelled - "I get it" and then spending the rest of his life trying to help others get it too. I haven't and probably will never achieve that kind of understanding, but it seems a reasonable quest.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Keshi said...

some very dark clouds comin up ha? enjoy the storm...

Keshi.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Keshi: It was just a tease, no rain! The clouds in the picture were practically right over the house, I just don't get it!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

Buddah with his hand up. Nice to see the old boy can still raise the roof.

Beautiful furnishings Phos.

It's sometimes hard to find God in this crazy ride we call life...

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

Is it true that if you rub Buddha's stomach in a clockwise motion you are asking for good luck and in a counterclockwise direction it is for fertility?

If so, careful what direction you rub Jin.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Up and down makes him smile.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

I like the concept of Buddism too! I hate all the god fearing shit.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

cherry!: Amen (oops, I meant "right on")

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

SF: SuUperman charges by the hour...

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

No wonder he's dead...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home