Saturday, June 24, 2006

Lazy Saturday


It is a perfect day to fire up the grill, slightly overcast and only 100. I bought some Bratwurst and some Kielbasa, have them simmering in some beer and will toss them on the grill as soon as the coals are good to go. I had talked with my brother last night and he was talking about the brats he and his co-workers grilled up, and that got me in the mood. Even bought some kraut to go with.

I was hoping to take some hummingbird pictures, but I expect I will have to wait until evening when it cools a bit. I didn’t even see the little guy that uses the tines of our leaf rake for a perch. He is camera shy and won’t stick around when I go out back. I took out my father’s old camera, and apparently it is a scary camera because when I went to take pictures of the dogs they high-tailed it back into the house. They probably think it is some sort of portable vacuum cleaner. They hate the vacuum, though if I was covered with fur and saw the vacuum suck fur up, I guess Id give it wide birth too.

5 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger jin said...

Yum...phos is grillin' SOY AGAIN!!!

Hahaha!!!
;-)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Jin: If soy ever touched my grill I'd have to junk it - you can never get rid of that funky taste. Do you do fish?

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger jin said...

LOL!!!
I did eat fish until about a year ago...was getting terrible migraines 2-3 days per week...quit the fish just to see & they went away.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Too bad - Just got a piece of cedar and I was goign to try grilling salmon on the wood. Everything I read says salmon is good for you (oils that won't hurt you), and I do like it unless it is presented as croquettes or in loaf form - blech.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home