Monday, June 19, 2006

Back on your Heads!

I was hesitant to celebrate another day after the Phos Boithday Massacree, but all turned out well for Father’s Day. It was a lot of fun, in fact. It is always nice to see the kids, I know ‘Strella Dog and Yukon love it!  Austrella usually camps out between my daughter and her husband up on the couch within easy petting range.  Can’t get enough attention, in fact the daughter calls ‘Strella the “Black-hole of affection” because she sucks everyone in for attention.  Yukon makes out all right too, though he doesn’t appreciate my daughter’s attempts at brushing him.

Ate a lot, which is typical for Sicilians, I guess.  Had Italian Saturday, Mexican and Chinese Sunday.  I didn’t cook a lick, not that I am complaining. I do love to cook, but a couple days off are nice too.  It has been a while since I have fired the old grill up so I expect I will have to remedy that tonight.  May grill some more “Crazee Fish” and a steak (Ms. Phos hates fish).  I’ll probably whip up some squash so I can post the process for Jin.  

I like grilling squash because it cooks fast and always seems to turn out so good. That and I really like squash. Sometimes I’ll toss in some portabellas, sometimes some Louisiana hot links.  Rough on the grazers in the crowd, but you could toss in some jalapeños to punch it up a bit, if you don’t want any meat.  Actually, with the hot links there is little chance you’ll be eating any meat anyway, I think sawdust is the first ingredient on the list. BTW Squash is low Carb and high fiber for the Carb Nazis in the crowd.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good week and I will have to write more when I am feeling a bit more clever – that may take a bit!!  

9 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

PK

Blogger is letting me blog hurray.
Big smoochy kisses for Father's Day.
I think I'll run home and see if I can post>>>

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

FS: Thanks. Hope you all had a good F-Day as well.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger jin said...

Mmmm...squash & portabellas....YUM!
Actually, Boca (soy) sausage is really really good & I never thought I'd say that...I am quite addicted now. My golden Brioche absolutely adores it as well...um...except...er...well...her tummy doesn't process the soy too well & to put it politely, I need a candle or some incense goin' after I feed her that!!! :-P

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

wow wut a multi-cultural foody wknd :)

Keshi.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I like to mix it up, keep the body guessing...

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Squash and portabellas. Who'd a thunk it? Not me, certainly! Sounds yummy tho. How'd you do it?

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

EC: I stole the idea from a cooking show...

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! David t. kitchen west palm beach office space Student hard drive recovery Bulk email boards nebraska home and garden Anji area rugs girls+shaved+pussy.bigwwworld Zithromax dosing pediatric how to start home based medical billing repo nissan altima dfw

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Dealer lexus part License key for kaspersky anti virus what is the price of a lamborghini diablo Thyroid disease zoloft hypothyroidism Volkswagen jetta review Big butt latin women in thongs financial advisor in new york Fabric handbag wholesale payout roulette http://www.coolbx-parental-control.info/Control-filter-parental.html How to save ordering levitra Spam blocker for lan Health men &aposs health conditions and diseases impotence impotence natural therapy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home