Monday, June 05, 2006

News Flash: Inner Child struck by Cement Truck: update at 10

The cake was great

Wikkipedia
Birthday: A crappy weekend followed by a blow to the head.

The spice cake was to die for though. Best ever, I could live on it (and it looks like I do). I really enjoyed that cake.



Whining ensues:

Looking back I don’t know what happened. All I do know is I am no longer having any fun. Not sure why. Maybe that’s why the grandpas in the store look like they have a cactus up their ass. I know you can’t have fun all the time, but hell once-in-awhile wouldn’t hurt, would it?

Every year I look forward to holidays as though this year it is going to be any different then the abortion last year and it never is - it is as if after you hit adulthood the only benefit from a holiday is you might not have to work. I sure as hell ain’t celebrating any more, especially my birthday. Damn sure ain’t taking off work again, learned my lesson on that one.

12 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger jin said...

Tell Mrs. Phos that cake LOOKS AWESOME!!! :-D

I'm so picky about the desserts I eat anywhere else, but I'll tell ya, I'd certainly have a piece of that one!!!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Thanks Jin! Huskies gave it an A+ as well...

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

TiraMisu?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Tiramisu is good, but his is a spice cake. Apparently a seasonal treat because I can only have it on my birthday, other than that it is apparently a Fall thing.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Does someone need some time in their happy place?

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I went thru a similar down spell myself awhile back. It's not really in my nature to be down for long, so I rebelled. (Now that I'm good at!) For me, rebellion took the form of doing anything and everything out of character that I could think of, whenever I could, and then just sitting back and enjoying the shocked, disoriented and "not quite sure how to approach you anymore" reactions of friends, coworkers and family!

Hmmmmm ... in retrospect, and out of deference to the sanity of my friends, maybe I should just start drinking again???

Naawwww ... this is w-a-y more fun!!!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**A crappy weekend followed by a blow to the head.

LOL!


When is ur bday? And whats a spice cake made of? dun temme curry!! :)

Keshi.

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of Joni Mitchell

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone?
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

Did you ever just stop to think about the good things you must have in your life?


May you always have sunshine...

The eternal optimist

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

Happy late late birthday!
Damn, the cake looks ultra-tasty!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Kid, I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I don't really get into the birthday thing too much either. Why celebrate edging closer to the grave????

Nice cake though!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger SC said...

You don't need all that cake. Get some sent over here.

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Mature feet pics Sport shorts men Queensland furniture store

 

Post a Comment

<< Home