Thursday, June 01, 2006

Phos: The Ugly American Tour

I was after Cherry for some photos of Italy (which she posted) and happened upon some of my own. The last picture is just to prove I am not an Ameriphobe.

A couple of tips for you would be vacation photogs:

- Write where you took the picture and what the subject was on the back of the photo as soon as you get the film back.

- Don’t leave the exposed film just lying around it doesn’t age well

- Resign yourself to the fact you are always going to have some snapper heads in the shot and some a-wipe is going to ask you, “oh, and who is that in the picture”. Like you’d know.

The following pictures were taken in Venice:







This is one fo the snapper heads I warned you about...

Grapes in Vicenza - usually there are chickens and other domestic birds running around under the vines

Last but not least Devil's Tower. Typical christian ploy, if you don't understand it or it doesn't fit in your perfect little world then it must belong to the devil. Right.

13 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger jin said...

OH! IT's WRITTEN IN CODE!!!
I got it!! I got it!!

snapperhead = phos

YAY!!! What'd I win???

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Did you get a free bowl of soup with that hat?

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah...

I thought you liked dad's hat????

ONLY KIDDING!!!!

Nice photo of DT don't you think? It's still one of my favorite places on earth.

Love ya

mommie/wifey no fun

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

MY favorite is the last one.

Who's the guy in the photo? ;-)

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I'll post more photos as I go through them, hard to believe I took so many and they all have just sat in shoe boxes.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Wow!

Great advice, PK! I have not done all of the above, though I should have (um, when did we take this? Where is it exactly? uh...?).

Like the Devil's Tower. Looks like a gargantuan, monster, gigantic tree trunk to me. :-)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

T&B: The tower is even more unbelivable when seen from a distance - there isn't a lot of relief in the area so it really sticks out - as a sore thumb, if you will...

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Oh, I don't know. I kind of like what I see of it from the pic. I could even imagine is as a squat volcano. :-)

So the Devil's Tower is in Italy? I'm dying to make a trip out to Ayer's Rock. Didn't have the chance when I went Down Under last time, but I'd love to revisit New Zealand and Western Australia.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

T&B: Nope, Wyoming, That wasn’t fair the photo was non-sequitor, but I liked it so much I posted it with the Italian stuff. Sorry!!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger jin said...

Ok, where are you phos?
Did mrs. phos finally have enough of your constant food photos & tie you up to the maple tree?

You've been gone so long & I've had so much time on my hands (reading your constant posts takes up most of my evening!) that I had to start another blog of my own!
http://jintrinsique2.blogspot.com/

Not nearly as many gratuitous cake shots as the original, but I did take some shots of our dinner the other night, phos style, in the restaurant! Hahahaha!!!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I am busily ushering in my 53rd year. Broke in the new wine carafe last night, as soon as the swelling around my eyes goes down a bit I will write something - probably regarding the evils of alcohol.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home