Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The hunter

This was taken on a hunt at the Hotpaws rest stop in the Hotpaws range just South of Phoenix. The area got it's name after our first Husky, Lucky Dog, was seen doing a little dance after leaving the car because the rocks were too hot. No real harm done and she got to chase some lizards on the cooler dirt.

I'm not sure what Austrella was hunting, but she was very alert and tracking some kind of animal. Since most desert animals, bite, sting or envenom any aggressors I was glad we never met up with whatever it was.

I am hoping it cools enough in the next few weeks so we can head out to the White Tank Mountains and get some new sniffs...

8 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Did Austrella also
do the Hotpaws?
When I lived in US
we only did The Hustle,
God knows what the dog did
I had an Irish Setter in
my Arlington flat, and
it sure looked like an
tornado had danced
every-time I got home

Have a lovely day!

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Time will tell.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Evalinn said...

Interesting, quite a different environment from what I´m used to!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Ruela said...

sounds nice!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger ..................... said...

hope you and austrella get some cooler weather so you can go on your sniffs. i love my walks with dawg ..

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

'Strella Dog is a mighty hunter, though most of it is done in the kitchen while I am cooking...

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger nanuk said...

I suspect the dance is a variation on the cold paw two step my dog does when he's been out for too long at -35.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

nanuk: We call that "Frosty Paws." My brother's dog gets that during the winter in WI.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home