Sunday, September 19, 2010

Vas Gibst?


Tiny house is once again kid-less, kind of like empty nest deja vu. It just gets too quiet, especially without Yukon wooing for food all the time. No grandson getting into everything or helping "Ginging" (his name for granny Phos) make some of the best pumpkin bread I ever had. He is quite the baker. The granddaughter has a lot to say, and is starting to fledge, so soon she'll be running amok throughout the house.

We also had two grandpuppies, both adorable of course. With our kids, their kids, and dogs packed into the tiny house a pleasant sort of mayhem ensues. Of course all things must come to an end and like the last moment after the grand finale in the firework display there's that period of dead silence -- that is what the tiny house is like.

It was fun though. Got to cook up a storm, even making breakfast (my usual breakfast is a Kimchi noodle bowl and a Dr. Pepper, made some Chili Rellenos, even made fish for lunch - my daughter, son, and I are the only ones that eat fish, so it's a good excuse to grill up some Mahi-Mahi. Got out to the Rio El Mirage, a nice local Mexican restaurant giving my stove a much needed break.

Hope you all had a good weekend -- enjoy your families, the visits , the conversations because to me that is what life is all about...

9 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

kimchi for breakfast... aah, well interesting :)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Ruela said...

nice pic Phos and a good post.


yes, life is all about!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

sometimes we need the dead silence to be able to appreciate the mayhem. you are right, being together is what it's all about.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I like the picture.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

Last weekend I paid my Mom a surprise visit and my sister's family too. It was so good to just hang out with everyone.

Glad you enjoyed their visit.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Hard to beat quality family time, if you get along that is. I am pretty lucky, we all keep in touch and have a great time when we manage to all get together...

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Beautiful photo Phossy dear,
Yes family is very important, I'm pleased that you had such a great time with yours.
Went to see a house on Saturday that my daughter and son-in-law have just decided to buy. The two little ones were so excited, choosing which room they would have for their bedrooms and looking at their new house. It was lovely to see my little blonde haired 'pixie' as I call her, running around in her soon to be backyard and my little grandson discovering the new places that he can play. Precious moments.
xoxoxo ♡

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

D: Like my grandson -- he doesn't "walk' anywhere, it is always running full tilt. I call him the flash, because you only catch glimpses of him when he slows a bit. So much to discover. I expect my granddaughter will be the same way...

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Phos, I am making my blog private. Please send me your email address so I can invite you. You can find mine on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home