Saturday, April 03, 2010

Mo' Pizza


Tried another recipe for pizza and it came out pretty good. Used the same crust - flour, yeast, water, wheat germ, wheat bran, and Italian herbs, but used fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, red peppers, onions, olives, and cappicola for toppings. I really enjoy playing with my food and spend alot of time studying other cultures foods and cooking techniques. The downside is my hobby hasn't done anything for my svelte boyish figure.

The upside are the fresh ingredients -- I know what is in the food and where it came from and am sure the cook washed his hands and equipment (so to speak). The main key to cooking as far as I am concerned is the care in selection of ingredients and the initial prep, the more care one gives the early stages of the dish the better the finished product will be.

11 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger boneman said...

dang, it looks tasty right through the picture!
(svelte figure? Ah yes...I had heard it said that everything we ate comes back to us when we turn 50)

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome!

but it ain't a pizza
without canadian back bacon

/t.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Canadian bacon is pretty damn good

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

looks good!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jack K. said...

Looks quite delicious.

I agree that the preparation is extremely important.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Yummmm! It looks delicious Phossy dear and fresh ingredients are the best. xoxo ♥

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Evalinn said...

Looks delicious! Happy easter!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger How do we know said...

it does look delicious.. so delivious, in fact, that i came back just to stare at the pic, and then realised that i havent left a comment yet!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger darkfoam said...

lordy.. that looks scrumptious!

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

home made pizza is the best! when I was a boy I always wanted to be a Pizzaiolo when I'm grown up :)

But I make them italian style - with very thin bottom. mmmmmh.

try it like this: make the dough very thin and but it for about 3 minutes into the the hot oven. take it out and let it cool for a minute. now its a little crispy :) and now start with the topics, like tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, salame. not too much. and back into the oven. first few minutes as hot as possible... the another 10 minutes at 180 C.
try it... i'm a real pro :)

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

and see my new cheese post :) hahaha, good fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home