Wednesday, February 03, 2010

There was one

My brother negotiating the treacherous Rocks O' Certain Death" on the way to the falls


For years I have been waiting to see the vaunted White Tank Falls and have finally achieved that goal. It wasn't like climbing Everest, though I did get a couple of "soakers" when my boot slipped off the treacherous rocks and into the pool at the bo0ttom of the falls. My brother blazed the trail to this 9th wonder of the world as I followed doggedly behind - a trek which I paid for the next morning with sore knees. Just wanted all my readers to know what lengths I'll go to, what obstacles I'll surmount, and dangers I'll endure to bring them a good tale.



The Wondrous White Tanks Falls - makes Niagara look like a dwarf pissing over a bridge.

7 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome
spectacle, phos

thanks for this!

/t.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Jack K. said...

"Rocks o' certain Death"? Surely you jest.

Glad to know you had such a great time. The video is interesting. However, it doesn't do justice to your comment about a dwarf. snerx.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger boneman said...

WOW!
Can barely hear you talking with the roar of those falls behind you...

(ha. That's actually more falls than I saw at Yosemite National Park when I went in October a few years back.
I still joke Dan and Charlene about if they have the falls photo shopped in)

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Ruela said...

nice Phos.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

It's nice to see family.

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

the video doesn't work right :(

but i'm sure it looks scarry!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Indigo said...

indigo incarnates

That reminds me of one of the times I went rock climbing at a park called "Great Falls". Yeah, what a name, eh? Fortunately we didn't actually fall, har har.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home