Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Gone but not forgotten


Had a great time with my brother, miss him already - had to be one of the toughest good byes ever. Had a lot of fun, ate a lot of BBQ, and put the backyard grill through its paces. I suspect Four Peaks brewery stock will take a plunge now that my brother is gone and we aren't buying up every bottle of Kilt lifters and 8th St ale in the far West valley. The whole week was a hoot and we covered all the bases as far as BBQ. We had ribs, brisket, brats, chicken, adn reed beans and rice. Most of it made up on the grill in back, but some from as exotic a location as Stacey's BBQ.

Now I have to think about returning to WI in search of the best cheese burger. stay tuned for more!

6 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger boneman said...

While it's true that Wisconsin has the bestest of cheese (ol' Steve and his bro and Mom stop by the Humbird every trip for their chouices of aged cheddars) it seems to me that YOU need to get the cheese and make the burgers.
Rare that restaurants ever offer anything so good tasting without trying to rip an arm and/or a leg off their customers...
mmmmmmmm
twelve year cheddar on refried beans....

I think I need to make a video of just that for the 'throw down' I keep hearing about at Anonymous Boxer's.
See ya!

(ps, thanx to that picture on your post front?
There's drool all over my keypad, now!)

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

We're have a Super Bowl Party.

Your invited if you make those ribs Kid.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

if i had not just eaten i'd be salivating.
i love a nice ale. tasty with bbq.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger nanuk said...

I'd like to see what you can do with caribou and seal flipper, Phos.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Jack K. said...

Glad to know all went well. You didn't let the rain slow you down at all.

Great photo. I can almost smell the delightful aroma emanating from the grill. You must drive the neighbors nuts. snerx.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I think I ate more meat last week than I have in an entire month. Couldn't talk the3 wife into going to the Rib Shack with me last night, she's bbq'd out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home