Monday, December 14, 2009

Huskies: Nature's slackers

I know, everyone has seen pictures of huskies pulling dog sleds through the arctic, but if left to their own devices they are the laziest beasts on God's green earth. They are also experts in comfort and are able to sense pillows from 1/2 a mile. Mrs Phos has always wondered why a creature wrapped in so much fur needs a pillow or blanket to lie on.

Yukon demonstrates the fine art of skiving below. He is a master slacker, a triple black belt in lazy, and has a PHD in sleep studies...

The Arctic Curl



Using found objects (such as a footstool cushion)


Now if you'll excuse me, I think I will follow the way of the husky and go kip out a bit myself!!

10 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

At least they know what they want.

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they might
want to eat...

lamb chops is my guess

/t.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Jack K. said...

One must get rested prior to mushing across the tundra or whatever else is around in Alaska.

Following their lead is a sensible course of action. A nap sounds like a great idea. snore. snerx.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

HAHA! I blame the owners....awesome flop!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

They own us, not the other way around. Yukon would really like to meet your bunny!!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger How do we know said...

i love ur huskie.. me thinks there is a msg there for all us.. sleep glorious sleep!

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

sleep well :)

heaps of snow here... must call this damn Al Gore in the afternoon!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger boneman said...

I know it's old hat, but, it just HAS to be said.
Those dang dogs lay around the house, eating and sleeping. Probably pissed on every object out front and back, drop those 'muffins' wherever they think they can get away with it....
I'm absolutely sure of just one thing...

We were separated at birth.
d=))

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Lily said...

Nice to read your post below and most of all about your spiritual path!

As far as Huskies are concerned: they're really cute!
But how can they stand the heat where you live???

Hope, you'll enjoy the Season as well!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

I watched the film "Eight Below", yesterday, I was crying lots and lots,
and then I came to think of You
and Your dogs ... and thought I must warn You, not to watch this film, it would crash Your heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home