Monday, December 07, 2009

Happy Pearl Harbor Day


I sometimes think too many people have forgotten the lessons learned in the past world wars. It saddens me to see NAZIs marching down American streets today, when many of their grandfathers and fathers sacrificed life and limb to stop the very thing their kids and grand kids now seem to espouse. Few seem to realize the dangers of strong nationalism and a resurgence of facisim whether on the part of foreigners or at home.

This is also a day to remember those who were caught in the attack and those who went on to defeat the Japanese.

5 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger nanuk said...

I feel, sadly, we are already at war. And the first victim of war is always the truth. Judging by the amount of pure BS being spouted by our politicians, media commentators and any whackjob with an Internet connection, we will be fighting an uphill battle for years to come.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Die Muräne said...

While we are lead by (open or hiden) facist politicians, I feel more and more people wake up and don't follow them and their medias anymore! That's why they try to speed up the pace. It's like a race against time.

One of the blessings of Blogworld. People can meet there, learn about cultures and other opinions and accept each other. Not like in the controlled hate medias.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

I agree.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what
have I done?

well, i've plotted
the death of a cartoonist

but i do agree with your thoughts here, phos -- i think people today are getting stupider by the minute if they think that hitler was anything but a shithead loser (whose greatest accomplishment was blowing his own shit for brains out)

/t.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Is that Dr. Seuss!? I have seen some of these in my history classes about the second world war.

I am glad to say that I do stand up! I do make sure my voice is heard! I believe many of us are standing up and being heard at our tea parties! It is very encouraging to go to these protests and meet other people from all over the country. I love it! We are fighting the man! (as ironic as that is now...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home