Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11*11*11


Happy Armistice Day! I can remember having to face East at 11 a.m. on this day and maintain a moment of silence - quite a trick for a grade schooler. As with saying the Pledge of Allegiance I knew I had to do what I was doing but no one explained why. I did not know that between 1914-1917 people were3 dying in the war to end all wars so that I had the freedom to go to school, my family had the freedom to live as the chose, and we could all aspire to whatever heights we wanted.

Of course The Great War didn't end all war, simply set the stage for a second round, this time with a genocidal maniac. It almost seems as though man's urge to fight is genetic and every generation winds up sacrificing their best and brightest to forward some cause a few geezers in the capitol feel is worth committing the younger generation to, making damn sure their kids are exempt. So the wars had to be numbered WW I and WW II and eventually folks realized this was never going to end, so Armistice Day was changed to Veteran's Day to commemorate all the lives lost in service of the country, those who've served, and those who still serve.

Particularly poignant this year when some Islamobastard decided to praise allah by killing 13 of his fellow soldiers. As long as there are people such as him in the world, the fighting will never end.































































































































































































































hPlede Alligene Ikew I had to coply, ut I din' knw whyI was fac

6 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

We will never forget.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Fuff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger boneman said...

well, hope your Veteran's Day went well. You're oK, Phos! Glad I got connected with you.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, phos,
to you and all of
those who serve, and
fuff is right, we will not forget

/t.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Hugs Phos...for who you are, and your service to our country~

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

I didn't know Americans wore the poppy?

We'll never forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home