Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Week Three

Week three of the big job hunt and the only nibbles are from insurance companies looking for sales people. If I wanted to be an asshole, I'd go to law school.

Just spending time re-working the the resume and hitting the online job sites. I am considering the Troops-to Teachers, route, but one has to sell their soul to the government and I really don't want to wind up teaching at Che Guevara High. Beyond that there is the little matter of who is going to pay for the courses I will need for certification as a teacher. The Troops-to-Teachers assholes are oddly quiet on that subject, despite several e-mails requesting information. If it is like any of the other Veteran's programs there are probably no funds. Osama bin Obama, our first Kenyan President, is too busy handing the cash out to big business to be bothered with his troops. That's what the public gets when making someone with no military experience chief of the military. It is a ludicrous making putting government in charge of a giant automobile corporation.

10 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah,

bring back bush

*sigh*

;)

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**Osama bin Obama, our first Kenyan President, is too busy handing the cash out to big business to be bothered with his troops

is he? aww thats no good :(

Keshi.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger John Scheuer (AZTTT Mgr) said...

Interesting comments. 1. we do not place any teachers in schools - TTT teachers may teach in any public or charter school. 2. Over 11K vets has used TTT to transition to teaching careers after thier military service (435 here in AZ). 3. There are many funding sources for becoming certified, from TTT assistance (5K, if eligible) to GI Bill to the TEACH Grant to even VA voc rehab (for those who are eligible).
For more info on TTT, and to review eligibility, see
http://www.ed.gov/policy/elsec/leg/esea02/pg27.html
http://www.ed.gov/programs/troops/index.html
www.proudtoserveagain.com
www.azttt.gov

John - TTT AZ Mgr

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

John,

Thanks for the info - I had e-mailed Ms. Luna and she never explained where the cash would come from. As I have no job I don't have any money lying around for this. Kind of tough, I helped my country in time of need and now I need a bit of help and I have to go begging. Thanks for the information.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

i know it's tough ...
good luck with the job search, phos ..

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger How do we know said...

Phos.. now that there is some idea of where the funds can come from.. while u follow that lead.. please do post Adwords also on ur blog..

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

Forget Obama, forget Bush. Bring back Bill Clinton for a third term. Sure, he cheated on his wife, but at least back then everyone had a job and a house.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Lawyers make a lot of money.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Oh don't even get me started on our big fat stupid headed president. (I am trying not to swear so much anymore) I need to go look up new adjectives.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Hang in there Phos. I wish I was an employer, I'd hire you in a second. Or, I wish I knew AZ employers on a personal level - I'd of course plug you to all of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home