Thursday, February 26, 2009

Still Waiting

Well Porkulus, the spending package is official, has been for a while now and I am still waiting to feel stimulated, one way or the other. The houses on either side of mine are still empty, with weed strewn yards giving them neighborhood that "who wants to live here" feeling. I don't, but since our house is now worth half of what I paid for it, I guess we'll stay. The one thing I worried about when I left the military was getting stuck in a crappy neighborhood and that fear has come to pass. My own fault for violating Phos directive number one - never buy anything large without wheels on it.

Wx has warmed, been in the 80s already and looks to stay that way through the upcoming week. Bad news for the huskies - we'll have to find Yukon's fan. I don't mind so much. You'll probably see an uptick in steroid stocks, that is because the baseball cactus league started yesterday. The owners have their circus animals out on the field practicing for another season of bilking morons out of their hard earned money to watch animals fetch a ball. Nice racket...

Anyway, here's wishing you all some nice sunny days...

5 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jack K. said...

We're getting some much needed rain.

I agree about professional sports. Whenever I want to watch animals playing with balls, I just turn on the TV. The cost is much lower and the bathroom is much cleaner.

Make it a great one.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger boneman said...

mid fifties here yesterday and today. Drizzle. ....almost sixty.

I have no idea what the temperatures are or the weather, though.

About the bite on sports, I'm with ya. Maybe.
To my way of figuring, one could take the paycheck of any one of what folks call 'superstars' and make an entire team....
more teams, less pay.
Not sour apples on being broke. Just more exciting, more players, more fun.
Open fields....

About the stimulus....don't just sit there and wait for good fortune to wash over you.
Go get some life!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger G3T Films said...

I don't know... I'd totally give up some deniro to watch a rhino charge around picking up balls. I'd pay double if it trampled some flamingos along the way.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Yes, I too, am waiting to see how the stimulus will be spent in my neck of the woods.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could
always build
another prison
or
another icon of america

"never buy anything large without wheels on it."

now that's sound!

/t.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home