Friday, October 24, 2008

Passion

I am not going to address anything that goes on in the bedroom, this is not about that type of passion, but rather about a passion for things we find in life, whether it be vocation or avocation. I have met many passionate people. My brother has a passion for bicycles, Jin for Bakery, Gnat for glass, Jewels for beading, SHE AKA K9 for painting, Ruela, GT3, and /t. for art, FairScape, unfortunatley no longer with us and Dianne for poetry. I knwo I haveleft some of you out, don;t feel disappointed - your links wouldn;t appear on my page if I didn;t feel a apssionwihtin you. but I own a piece of Gnat's glass work, one of SHE's paintings, have tasted Jin's bakery first hand, and have seen examples of Jewels beading and Ruela and /t.'s art is available to everyone. You can see their passion in their work, each piece is a piece of their soul, they have put their love of their craft, their heart if you will, into everything they produce and you can see it. Gnat and Jewels work look as though they belong in a museum, SHE's work should be hanging in galleries, Ruela's is, and /t.'s pieces are exquisite. Pink and Foam have have photo's that should grace the pages of magazines and Little Lamb is coming up fast on the inside track with her pictures. Jin's bakery tastes of the love she has put into it and if your bike is broken or you need a new one my brother will put his all into ensuring you receive only the best. Dainne and FairScape produce poetry that should be on bookshelves everywhere. Every one wiht a link here has somethign special that deserves recognition, I am writing thies hurridly so I have may have lef ta lot of you out, and the mispellngs are probably legion, but I wanted to strike while the iron was hot - I will fix things later. I also realize this may be coming off as an ad for their work and I suppose in a way it is, however, I wanted to take time to encourage you to visit their sites. Gnat in particular is holding a contest to advance his glass art, that is how I came by my piece of his work. Though a simple paper weight it sits in my front room display cabinet brcasue I can see his passion, his heart, his love of his work in the piece. He is charging nothing, seeks no monetary gain in his contest, but rather wants to share his passion wiht you, so I encourafe you to visit his site and give it a shot, if nothign else scroll through some of his past posts ot see delicate flowers, pumpkins, shells, and other fine glass work. I will insert links ot all these sites later, but for now please use the ones on my side bar.

I unfortuantely haev attained only dabbler status. I'm am intereste in many things but aside fomr Mrs. Phos have yet to find my one true passion. Perhaps it will come to me one day, perhaps not. If I ahve a passion at all it woudl be curiosity as I harbor a strong desire to know about everything, yete xcel at nothing in particular. Please check out all the links on my sidebar, meet the interesting peopel I ahve come across who each have a passion about somethign whther it be philosiphy or hadicrafts. Once again forgive the sloppiness of this post, I am writing before I go to work and will try to ammend the mess when I get home. Meanwhile search your heart, listne to that innner voice that leads you to smethign that you cna put your soul inot - it will show in the finished piece, belive me...

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger dianne said...

Phos my dear friend thanks for the mention, very kind of you.♥

Oh you have passion my dear, your writing, it is a gift, you are so descriptive, you can write a comment over at my blog about a lake in Wisconsin and your words take me there, not many people can do that. You stimulate our imagination, make us think, never lose that curiosity of yours its good to learn new things.
You are a lovely guy and I'm so glad that you are a part of my world. :) ♥ xoxox

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Reading your post made me wonder if I do have a passion of my own besides Mr. Becky. Actually I would say I do have a passion for history, I just love learning about that stuff!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger boneman said...

about passions.
Beware the passions, for they will take you to many dark places, too.

OK, enough of the flooping drama...get a notebook out and write down five things you like doing.
Yeah...ONLY five. We'll get back to the others in a moment.
So, choose wisely.
Now write five things you would love doing if you had twenty million dolars in your closet (yeah...your wife has been keeping a rainy day fund there. Been at it for a while, I'm thinking)


ok ok...what do you take me for?
WRITE THESE THINGS DOWN!
I'll wait.
(Jeopardy music in the background)

OK, so now, write down any other things you would like to do.
As many as you want.

OK, now, start from the bottom and work up. Look at each item and ask yourself, could I live if I never did that again?
(By live, I mean not just eating, sleeping, working...more like, would you be happy, healthy, fun to be with)
If you can 'live' without it, scratch it out, move up to the next.
Keep going till you're at the top of the page again.

Now, look to see if anything is not scratched off.
These are your pool to dip in.
No man is any one passionate.
(Being married you already knew this. I ain't gonna talk about in your bedroom, either, but we both know that if you do te same old thing all the time in the exact same way, fun ain't gonna be fun in there for long)

Hopefully you still have at least three things still on the paper.
These can all be your passion. Make them work together if you have to, but, they may resist you at first.
Me?
Easy. My dogs, painting, music, writing, chess.
If i got a lil pussy now and ten I'de be a happy camper, but, I pretty much go with if I don't have any, I don't need it...

(still, Lord? Would it be such a job to have a whore drop in on me sometimes????)

no...now. Be nice.

Anyway, if you're in Arizona and you want to think about what your passion may be (if you scratched all the items off your paper) then here's one for you to think with.
Get some water, find a desert, take a cloth bag with you and pick up pretty stones.
Keep at it till you figure out your passion.
(of course, it may be to stop listenning to me if you get lost out there, wandering aropund with a bag of rocks and an empty water cantene)
(How'de he die? Well, he died in the desert, but, you should have seen boneman after Mrs. Phos beat him stupid with that bag of rocks!)

Good luck.

By the way...this is what it means when you hear that it's the journey tat's interesting.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

phos,

thanks for
the mention, guy,
and for your kind words

dunno about your passion, but i do think your 'not the usual' photography is at least 1) an interest, and 2) a talent, and from there perhaps a passion -- maybe an art

/t.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

oh ..
yes.
thanks for the mention.. :)
but exsqueeze me ..
you probably have passions .. besides mrs phos ..
your cameras, photography, your dogs, writing..

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Little Lamb said...

Thank you for mentioning me. It really means a lot. I get down sometimes and wonder what I do that's any good.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Right you are Phos! A life without passion is a tragedy. Most of us can not earn a living by our passion alone. No matter. It MUST still be in our lives. It must. I have known, personally known, folks who did have passion at one time, and then allowed others to kill it. These are some of the saddest and most miserable people I have ever known.

I used to think I was doomed. Not because I had no passion. But because I could never limit it to just one passion. My father, my brother, and ever so many others called me Loser because of this. I was deaf to their criticisms. I've always considered myself blessed to be so multi-passionate! Phos is right folks, listen to him! Discover your passion, or passions if you are lucky, and make it all a permanent and constant part of your life, your very identity!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Ruela said...

Thank you dear Phos
you are an artist too
remember those words.



Best wishes.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Thanks all. I am having trouble accessing the dashboard to fix the mess above. I appreciate your words and your patience...

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have seen some of their works and I agree. They are passionate artists.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

But Phos, what about your passion for grilling, and cooking. And how about your photos, and your history. You're passionate about those things, aren't you? Your family, your pups! :D
See, you are so full of passion, you're brimming with it!

Thank you for mentioning me in such an impassioned post. I too have seen Scott's work first hand, owning a fantastic marble, a shell, and the coolest piece of Kryptonite anyone's EVER seen! The latter is my daughter's favorite nightlight, have I mentioned how cool it is?

And Jin's pastries are OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD.!!! Working my way up to Sweetbox # 5, I think... lol! Oh, her Biscotti, the Brownies, mmmmmmmmm, the Hedgehogs!!!!! Seriously, to die for!

You're a big Teddy Bear Phos. Thank you for being a friend!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

sj: I am continually amazed at what these folks can do.

Jewels: Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you...

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

"I am not going to address anything that goes on in the bedroom ..."

*tears*

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

A lovely passionated post Phos!!!!

Still, to me You have always been a passionated man, that sees art in nature and life (incl. dogs and family) itself, and THAT is an art, dear Phos!!!!

(( love n' hugs ))

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger How do we know said...

umm.. dabbling *could be* a passion too.. ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home